Last week we met a passionate collector by the name of Ernie at our live wind down at Oscar Hunt. We couldn’t help but notice the beautiful vintage Day-Date on his wrist (looking amazing on a lizard skin strap btw), and when he mentioned that it used to be his grandfather’s, we just had to find out more.A few days later we caught up over a coffee, and he brought along some very special Rolex watches.Thanks for taking the time to tell us about these watches. Now, what’s the story with this Oysterdate, aside from the lovely linen dial?

My father gave me this watch for my 21st birthday – right off his wrist. It was my first good watch. Do you wear it much? Hardly ever [it should be noted that Ernie’s collection tends towards 47mm Panerais – it’s easy to see how a 34mm Rolex might not make it into regular rotation], but it’s an incredibly important watch to me and I’ll never be parted from it.…

The post MY WATCH STORY: Ernie’s heirloom Rolex collection appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...