Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Be Careful Guys

Be Careful Guys

Just seen this. I know this couple, who are both really nice guys..

Reminder that we need to be careful sometimes.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/196...stealing-gang/
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Blog Entries
    My buddy was about to go to Colombia wearing his Explorer II 16570, but even before I had a chance to tell him not to, he figured he should just buy a G-Shock and wear that instead. The Rolex shortage seems to have made the draw of stealing Rolex even stronger. Not worth the risk.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    It shouldn’t be like that though. I wonder what it would even be worth as a stolen watch?
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    It shouldn’t be like that though. I wonder what it would even be worth as a stolen watch?
    Still a lot. Rolexes have been considered as good as cash for a long time, being targeted because of one isn’t new. But with the market as it is, I can only imagine the money in it has increased as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    You wouldn't know a stolen one from not. I lost my papers the other day, anyone can buy a box.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    You wouldn't know a stolen one from not. I lost my papers the other day, anyone can buy a box.
    Fakes and stolen Rolexes are why I’ve never seriously considered buying a used Rolex (except from a store like Govberg, though I am loath to give them my business). Lots of reasons to avoid Rolex these days, both used (for the aforementioned) and new (because of the insane prices).

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Fakes and stolen Rolexes are why I’ve never seriously considered buying a used Rolex (except from a store like Govberg, though I am loath to give them my business). Lots of reasons to avoid Rolex these days, both used (for the aforementioned) and new (because of the insane prices).
    I got a good deal on mine, seller was a bit dodgy though tbh. Remind me what's in your stable? Maybe in the super popular SOTC thread?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Yeah, I've basically given up on Rolex at this point. Impossible for me to get one, even the modest Explorer. I've been waiting for either the white dial OP39 or the 39mm Explorer from my AD, and in my waiting time they have both become discontinued. Walter generously offered to sell me his barely worn Explorer, and I foolishly declined at the time. Kicking myself.

So be it, I'm moving on to JLC and the GO SeaQ when I can, which isn't right away anyway. Also the new Zenith Chronomaster original is very appealing. Still want a 5 digit Sub eventually...but at current prices? Nah.

10. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I got a good deal on mine, seller was a bit dodgy though tbh. Remind me what's in your stable? Maybe in the super popular SOTC thread?
    Nothing in the SOTC, but I’ve got my 114060 Submariner, Omega Seamaster 300 MC, Speedmaster, Monaco LE, and my BB GMT, of course. Couple Suunto beaters, couple watches I still need to sell. But those five are the collection.

12. Likes geoffbot liked this post