Likes Likes:  10

Thread: **** Vintage Rado Lauberhorn Automatic Watch ****

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    That's nice DA and 100 % correct. I don't see the case back, but all the info he is giving from the case back is correct.

Is it worth $269? I am not sure what prices things go for nowadays, but probably if you want it. I'd want to pay less, but I like the thrill of the bad seller pics.
    There were more pics. I get the general impression that, being a dealer, his prices aren't competitive compared to enthusiast-to-enthusiast sales, but that once you've allowed for a reasonable margin he's not taking the piss. Thank you! Mostly he sells Seikos, which is why I know about him - I got my Skyliner from him. His watches always look thoroughly un-restored, original condition prized over everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    There were more pics. I get the general impression that, being a dealer, his prices aren't competitive compared to enthusiast-to-enthusiast sales, but that once you've allowed for a reasonable margin he's not taking the piss. Thank you! Mostly he sells Seikos, which is why I know about him - I got my Skyliner from him. His watches always look thoroughly un-restored, original condition prized over everything else
    I think it is worth it. The crystal does not seem to have an anchor, but that model is old enough that it may never have had one. Even if it is a replacement that is not such a big deal. The R crown is always a nice find too.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    There were more pics. I get the general impression that, being a dealer, his prices aren't competitive compared to enthusiast-to-enthusiast sales, but that once you've allowed for a reasonable margin he's not taking the piss.
    There is a gold plate Golden Horse of similar vintage on the bay right now. It is in nice shape. Opening bid of $499 USD and BIN of $2400 USD. That is, most definitely, taking the piss.

4. Likes Der Amf, scottjc liked this post