Likes Likes:  97
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose a chrono, Speedy 9300 vs Zenith 36,000 VPH

Gray and Dark Sides of the Moon. Extremely well made. Very solid feeling.

The Gray Side is stunning in person.

Name:  DSC_00231.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  88.7 KBName:  DSC_0033.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  92.2 KB

2. Likes -JP, BillyR___, JAGtime liked this post
    Wont the hands of the subdials on the Zenith touch (or get stuck) at some point?

I know you've all seen this photo a million times, but here's my 38mm El Primero emerging from the darkness.

5. Likes CFR, -JP, BillyR___, JAGtime liked this post
    I do like that a lot. This one is another good El Primero alternative I like the Captain a lot as well. Very clean lay out.
    Name:  orig.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  49.9 KB

7. Likes CFR, Ryan, wschofield3, OhDark30, Rdenney liked this post
    [QUOTE=Imitation of Life;17312
    Although the 9300 Speedy is arguably the more advanced watch, it's thick and bulky on the wrist.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The same criticism can be applied to the '57 model, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    I do like that a lot. This one is another good El Primero alternative I like the Captain a lot as well. Very clean lay out.
    Name:  orig.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  49.9 KB

10. Likes -JP liked this post
    I know what I did when faced with this choice--I have an El Primero and a Speedy FOIS, which is of course a manual wind. The overlapping dials of the EP don't bother me, nor does the non-hacking movement, but I can see they could bother others. I love the history of the movement, and I think (although this is very subjective) that the finishing on both dial and movement is better on the Zenith. Personally I love the more classic Speedys with the 1861 movement as opposed to the modern ones--I like looking at the FOIS and being reminded of the great history of Omega in space.

The main non-starter for me with the 9300 was thickness; I like a watch that fits easily under a shirt cuff, and the new Speedys are too big and thick to do that easily. Other than that, I really like them. If the thickness doesn't bother you, and some of the EP's characteristics do, go Speedy. If you value the history and quality of Zenith, go for that.

The obvious answer is to get one of each, of course.

12. Likes CFR, BillyR___, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Wont the hands of the subdials on the Zenith touch (or get stuck) at some point?
    No, they clear each other.

For me, it would be the 38mm El Primero. I tried both the 38 and 42mm versions on last week and feel the dial on the 42 version is too big.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441337745.291608.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  76.5 KB

The only speedy I would want is the manual wind, though I'm partial as I already own one (though I wouldn't refuse if someone offered me a DSOtM).
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441337864.860821.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  57.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.thewatchquest.com
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

15. Likes BillyR___, -JP liked this post
    I like my Zenith El Primero:

Name:  ZenithElPrimero29May2015.jpg
Size:  84.5 KB

but when push comes to shove, my preference is the Ebel that saved the El Primero from oblivion:

Name:  Ebel134May6.jpg
Size:  92.7 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.