Likes Likes:  25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another macro series - NOMOS Zurich Weltzeit

Adjusted in 6 positions tempocalypse's Avatar

Another macro series - NOMOS Zurich Weltzeit

Following on from my last extreme macro series prompted by the arrival of a new macro lens, I decided to do a new series today on the Zurich Weltzeit

You can see the previous one of the Glashutte Panograph here: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...se!&highlight=

In this series I didn't get quite as close as the last one for the most part (especially on the movement) as the Nomos is obviously not finished to haute horology standards the way the GO is. This post is mostly a series a pictures but if you're curious my old full review is over here too: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...iew&highlight=

If you want to view or download full size images to pixel peep please click through the images to Photobucket

Couple of dial overviews to get started. The little nicks and scratches are quite apparent on the polished case but the watch wears them well I think.

Here's that beautiful city ring for the local time zone selector

Texture of the silvered dial

The dial is wonderfully three dimensional, seen here is the home time ring positioned between the main dial level and the city ring

The snailed sub seconds dial is also slightly sunken. Overall this is one of the most stunning dials I've ever seen. A favourite in my collection, it even gives the dial on the Breguet Marine a run for its money despite being a much more subtle execution.

The movement is exceptionally well finished for the price and the visual beauty of its layout, colours and overall aesthetics gives some more expensive watches a run for their money. A key attribute I always mention is that on some Nomos auto calibers like this one, the rotor is plated in rhodium and the main plates in a darker alloy they call "black gold" (they didn't tell me whats actually in it, more on that in the older review post). This doesn't always come across in pictures especially when evenly lit but is very apparent in person as the light plays across the movement.

While Nomos manual winding movements are also quite handsome, I love the curvy layouts of their automatics, check out the shapes of the balance cock and the 3 bridges.

Extravagant double spiral sunburst on the mainspring barrel

The bi-directional winding system is a thing of beauty! Note that the edges of the plates are beveled but not polished as on a more high end piece. They still occasionally catch the light nicely.

Incabloc shock protection and triovis fine regulator

Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Hoping to post some pictures of the Breguet Marine next, took some today but not sure I made enough of an improvement over the initial pics in my review. Will see I guess! Thanks for viewing.
    Last edited by tempocalypse; Sep 4, 2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Watch centric instagram: @tempocalypse

As with the other installments of your macro series, this was also excellent. Beautiful pics and informative.

This is just a great execution of a travel watch. Probably my favorite of all Nomos watches.

3. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Stunning photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    As with the other installments of your macro series, this was also excellent. Beautiful pics and informative.

This is just a great execution of a travel watch. Probably my favorite of all Nomos watches.
    Thanks meijlinder! It's clear a lot of thought went into the design process and it really shows in the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiz View Post
    Stunning photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Nice shots, temp. Always nice to see the details. This might be my second fave of yours (Broad Arrow still takes the cake), especially on the strap you usually have it on.

True story: when I saw the title of this thread I got excited and said to myself, "Aw hell yea!!! This is gonna be good!"

I was not disappointed, those pics are amazing, Thanks for sharing, I love the Weltzeit.
    Chris:

9. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Great shots, temp. Nomos is incredible value for the money.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the Breguet (and the rest!)
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 Nomos Tangomat Datum ​Tudor Pelagos ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

Fabulous. I really like that watch. It's a little pricey for me right now, but I might work my way up to it. I like the 'heimat' too, which is replaced by a little house symbol on the current edition.

Another macro series - NOMOS Zurich Weltzeit

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Nice shots, temp. Always nice to see the details. This might be my second fave of yours (Broad Arrow still takes the cake), especially on the strap you usually have it on.
    Cheers gnuyork, btw did you see my latest experiment with the Broad Arrow? Mixed reception so far!

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...-Arrow-Speedy/

Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    True story: when I saw the title of this thread I got excited and said to myself, "Aw hell yea!!! This is gonna be good!"

I was not disappointed, those pics are amazing, Thanks for sharing, I love the Weltzeit.
    Haha appreciate the comment, glad I didn't disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Great shots, temp. Nomos is incredible value for the money.
    Thanks mlcor! No argument from me about the value of Nomos

Quote Originally Posted by stewham View Post
    Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the Breguet (and the rest!)
    Thanks Stewham! Honestly not happy with the new Breguet set, have to reshoot!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Fabulous. I really like that watch. It's a little pricey for me right now, but I might work my way up to it. I like the 'heimat' too, which is replaced by a little house symbol on the current edition.
    I quite like the house symbol, but either is quite nice.
    Last edited by tempocalypse; Sep 4, 2015 at 05:01 PM.