Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Marloe Watches

Introducing Marloe Watches

Hello all,

Firstly I’d like to thank Gabe for kindly allowing me to introduce you all to a new micro watch brand I’m working on.

I’m a very normal guy. A watch enthusiast. But about 6-months ago I began making enquiries into the possibility of creating my own watch brand, and ever since then its been an incredible, eye-opening journey. This experience has allowed me to meet and chat with many fantastic people in the watch world who have all been very encouraging and helpful. And now, 6-months later, we’ve ordered our prototypes and set up a website and Facebook page to start building a following.

The brand is called Marloe and our watches are all powered by manual / hand-wound movements, as we believe this brings you closer to your watch - which is one of the underlying concepts for this new watch brand. Our first edition is a classically styled watch for formal wear, and its been a lot of fun designing it.

We have a lot more information and spec on our website and would love you to take a look and give us some feedback: www.marloewatches.com.

Here’s a sneak peak too:

Name:  marloe-cherwell.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  29.2 KB

I'd also be more than happy to answer any question anyone else might have about beginning such a project - it really is an amazing experience.

Regards
    Oliver

2. Likes is that my watch, OTGabe, iyonk liked this post
    a sub six is always grand on a watch looks good
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

thought about doing it in a blue dial ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

We did actually create concepts with a blue dial, but just couldn't decide on the shade. We asked a lot of our 'watch-friends' and these colours (black, white, grey) came up most popular. If the project is a success we'll definitely be launching a blue dial for our 2nd edition.

well blue sunburst dials are fantastic on watches but yes some blues would not work for sure
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Not having minute markers for a third of time seems a shame

8. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    think they do they just not very clear on the pics if you look at the website it seems to have them ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. We were keen to differentiate our dial from those of micro-brand quartz dials and this was one of the elements we felt worked - as when you read the time you tend to look at the hands, rather than the minute markers. But we'll definitely take your feedback onboard and see how it looks in real life once the prototypes come through.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    think they do they just not very clear on the pics if you look at the website it seems to have them ?
    Just to confirm, there are no minute markers between 11-1 and 5-7.

12. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post