Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Marloe Watches

Quote Originally Posted by marloewatches View Post
    Just to confirm, there are no minute markers between 11-1 and 5-7.
    had not notice that but it kinda works for me
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

did not get you but yes see what you mean now but as I said kinda like that
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

First, good luck with your project! I am always a fan of micros and the people who pour their energy into them.

The design is definitely interesting, but there are a couple of things that (subjectively) don't appeal to me:

1. 42mm x 11mm is a rather large size for a dressy watch, especially with a manual movement, which should be reasonably thin. I suspect it will wear even larger given the thin bezel. Some may like that, but I suspect most people looking for something dressy would like something a bit smaller.

2. Not a fan of the "12" as the only number. Don't take it personally, I don't like it on high end watches like Moser, either.

3. Don't care for the complete lack of marking for the seconds subdial. I'd consider at least 15 second markers. The blank subdial IMO emphasizes the blank space already inherent in the design (especially given its size).

4. I would lose the "Hand Wound" on the bottom. Nobody cares except the person wearing it, and they already know. P.S., I also dislike it when companies put "Automatic" on the dial for the same reason.

I like the hands, and love the fact that it is hand wound, which I think is very appropriate for this style. If I may be so bold as to offer some advice (probably unnecessary! I'm sure you realize this): because of the minimalist nature of the design, you will really need to be picky about quality of finishing, front and back.

Anyway, again, good luck!

4. Likes is that my watch, OTGabe liked this post
    Personally don't wear dress watches but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Just curious. What do you feel sets you apart from the competition in this design space? There are a lot of minimalist dress watches out there right now.
    Kody

Nice looking designs. I like it with the except of the 12 as the only number. Would look cleaner with just indices, IMHO.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    First, good luck with your project! I am always a fan of micros and the people who pour their energy into them.

The design is definitely interesting, but there are a couple of things that (subjectively) don't appeal to me:

1. 42mm x 11mm is a rather large size for a dressy watch, especially with a manual movement, which should be reasonably thin. I suspect it will wear even larger given the thin bezel. Some may like that, but I suspect most people looking for something dressy would like something a bit smaller.

2. Not a fan of the "12" as the only number. Don't take it personally, I don't like it on high end watches like Moser, either.

3. Don't care for the complete lack of marking for the seconds subdial. I'd consider at least 15 second markers. The blank subdial IMO emphasizes the blank space already inherent in the design (especially given its size).

4. I would lose the "Hand Wound" on the bottom. Nobody cares except the person wearing it, and they already know. P.S., I also dislike it when companies put "Automatic" on the dial for the same reason.

I like the hands, and love the fact that it is hand wound, which I think is very appropriate for this style. If I may be so bold as to offer some advice (probably unnecessary! I'm sure you realize this): because of the minimalist nature of the design, you will really need to be picky about quality of finishing, front and back.

Anyway, again, good luck!
    Thank you ever so much for your feedback.

I appreciate your comment about the size. We've had some other feedback regarding this and we're looking at various options to reduce it slightly.

The quality of finish is of the utmost importance to us. We have been very selective with the parts which we're going to use and where we're going to source them from - hopefully you'll be impressed with the finished pieces.

8. Likes mlcor, is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by marloewatches View Post
    Thank you ever so much for your feedback.

I appreciate your comment about the size. We've had some other feedback regarding this and we're looking at various options to reduce it slightly.

The quality of finish is of the utmost importance to us. We have been very selective with the parts which we're going to use and where we're going to source them from - hopefully you'll be impressed with the finished pieces.
    Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit in which they were intended. Personally I think 40mm would be the absolute max for that design, 39mm would be better since it will wear bigger with the thin bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    Personally don't wear dress watches but I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Just curious. What do you feel sets you apart from the competition in this design space? There are a lot of minimalist dress watches out there right now.
    Thank you for your comments.

It is hard to set yourself apart from the crowd when it comes to designing watches (unless of course you do something quite dramatic). Our passion is for hand-wound movements, and by exclusively using such movements in our pieces, we feel that sets us apart from the competition. We're not claiming to have found a niche, more an area that we believe can be developed. And of course, we're hoping our classically styled dial is more appealing when you know what's under the hood.

12. Likes theague liked this post
    Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit in which they were intended. Personally I think 40mm would be the absolute max for that design, 39mm would be better since it will wear bigger with the thin bezel.

I'm beginning to wonder if you have been listening in on our meetings! You're spot on - we're working on it

14. Likes mlcor, skywatch liked this post

true but we are seeing a tendency towards larger and larger watches being the norm at one time a 32/39 mm was the norm for dressy watch but now 42mm plus seem to be the accept norrn now but yes some look bigger then they seem and vice verse so personnel I would not rule out the bigger size till seen as I have been surprise on many occasion on how they look so different in the flesh when on
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy