Likes Likes:  443
Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

bighead
    Just finished A Raisin in the Sun.

1/3 way through Fahrenheit 451. Haven't taught it in years. Love that Montag.

The Giver or Of Mice and Men is next.

Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    Just finished reading the 6 novels by Charles Cumming, brilliant modern spy novels that I was put in touch with by Teeritz.
    Yesterday I read The Talented Mr Ripley, even more tension and claustrophobia than the film!
    A load of the Cumming books are 99p for kindle today. I now have about 6 of them to read!

3. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    I note that the book thread at WUS has had about 10 posts since this thread was started. Clearly we have by poached all the literate members.

5. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Just finished 'The Mangle Street Murders' by MRC Kasasian, which was a lot of fun until the rather disappointing ending. Now starting 'Nunslinger' by Stark Holborn, which looks great.

Has anyone read any of Danial Silva's books
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Murakami's new book just arrived. He's such an amazing yet underrated writer.

9. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Any recommendation on something serious to read?

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Murakami's new book just arrived. He's such an amazing yet underrated writer.

Didn't even know this existed. I've read nearly everything up to 1Q84 and used to collect his English first editions.

12. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by igo69 View Post
    Any recommendation on something serious to read?
    What are you in the mood for? Fiction? Non-fiction? SF? Philosophy? History?

Quote Originally Posted by RYANBROOKLYNBOSTON View Post
    Didn't even know this existed. I've read nearly everything up to 1Q84 and used to collect his English first editions.
    It's his latest work. I'm rather excited.