Likes Likes:  432
Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That looks boring.....
    (I'll get my coat)
    It's so boring that after only 3-4 pages I've already made a grocery list in my head, imagined all of the stores I'll need to visit to take care of the list, walked all of the aisles at those stores, planned my evening, and lastly, forgotten everything that I just read.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotAZ View Post
    It's so boring that after only 3-4 pages I've already made a grocery list in my head, imagined all of the stores I'll need to visit to take care of the list, walked all of the aisles at those stores, planned my evening, and lastly, forgotten everything that I just read.
    Does reading it drill?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Does reading it drill?
    It's extremely drilling.

Where do I start? I started reading the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb (fantasy adventure) a while back, little did I know that it's not a trilogy. I'm on book 5 of, I believe, 9. At the same time, and because I'm getting tired of the same characters over and over, I started the new book by Bill Nye- "Undeniable" ( interesting, although basic), and "So, anyway" by John Cleese ( funny, but not as funny as I thought). I have in my to read list the newest Jack Reacher novel "Personal" and two new books by Bernard Cornwell ( my favorite historical fiction author) " The empty Throne" and "Waterloo- The history of four days, three armies and three battles".
    Ken Follet also released the third volume of the Century Trilogy, and I absolutely loved the first two. I want to re-read them before starting on the third.

Just finished The Wycherly Woman by Ross Macdonald.
    Will probably start A Catskill Eagle by Robert B. Parker next.

Got Personal by Lee Child and The Dark Wind by Tony Hillerman on my list as well.

More Awesome Than Money by Jim Dwyer about the conception and development of an anti-Facebook social network.

I couldn't finish Ken Follet's third installment of the Century Trilogy. I'll only say that from my perspective his political views overwhelmed his storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    Just started Brave New World, but not sure if I'll keep it up. It's pretty cold and grey here, so I might keep it til summer lest I kill myself.

I'm also haphazardly re-reading Ford's Lay of the Land (I like to peruse the last 2 of his Bascombe trilogy at the appropriate holiday times, this one being American Thanksgiving).

Also started a collection of short stories by the great Canadian Alice Munro. First time reading her, ashamed to say.
    Alice Munro is great, maybe the best.

9. Likes Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    More Awesome Than Money by Jim Dwyer about the conception and development of an anti-Facebook social network.

I couldn't finish Ken Follet's third installment of the Century Trilogy. I'll only say that from my perspective his political views overwhelmed his storytelling.
    Now I have to read it, I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by bolaberlim View Post
    Now I have to read it, I'm curious!
    I'm pleased to have inspired you