Likes Likes:  443
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

Finished David Gelernter's Drawing Life: Surviving the Unabomber and America Lite, James Angelos's The Full Catastrophe, and am just into the first couple hundred pages of Burrow and Wallace's Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianStraps View Post
    Suddenly appearing in my library, but not my Visa:

Attachment 31323

I've purchased over 300 books from this service, never had this happen before. For how relatively little books cost vs the value they deliver, I get no real satisfaction from a freebie. I do hope that the author gets his sheckel. Once authors give up, the only books we'll get will be written by committee. That is a category 7 catastrophe.
    That's an awesome book, though. You should definitely read it.

I just started The Bridge of San Luis Rey. Interesting so far.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    I don't understand why WIS want to read e-books? Since most of you dislike quartz i tought yall would prefer paper books? 
    Oh, I 100% absolutely prefer paper books. But on a practicality level, an e-reader just wins for me. Thousands of books in one little device that barely takes up room in my bag. My bookshelves are full of law textbooks, nice for the fiction to fit anywhere.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes whatmeworry, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Oh, I 100% absolutely prefer paper books. But on a practicality level, an e-reader just wins for me. Thousands of books in one little device that barely takes up room in my bag. My bookshelves are full of law textbooks, nice for the fiction to fit anywhere.
    That's it for me exactly. I love paper books, as objects as well as ways of holding words, but they just take up too much room.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    2nd page of the prologue - I guess the author is a WIS! Attachment 31464
    Finished in 2 days/sittings - a record for me. Partly because it's only 300 pages of not small print, partly because it's insanely easy reading and partly because it's bond and I knew I'd enjoy it, which I did.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Back into this... God it's dull

I want to understand economics better but this isn't endearing me to the subject! I'm sure it's needlessly verbose...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    That's an awesome book, though. You should definitely read it.
    Finished it today. It was fun to read and I enjoyed it, but I also think it left a lot on the table.
    It is now my duty to completely drain you.

Blog Entries

I want to understand economics better but this isn't endearing me to the subject! I'm sure it's needlessly verbose...
    You know I'm an economics professor right?

Blog Entries
    I'm reading this right now. It's the second book by Brad Taylor. Phenomenal series.

John Lanchester's articles in the LRB on economics over the last few years have been spectacularly readable.