Likes Likes:  432
Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

Seamlessly blending classic horror and a dramatic narrative with sharp social commentary,*The Only Good Indians*follows four American Indian men after a disturbing event from their youth puts them in a desperate struggle for their lives. Tracked by an entity bent on revenge, these childhood friends are helpless as the culture and traditions they left behind catch up to them in a violent, vengeful way.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is the third installment of the excellent Peculiar Crimes Unit series of mysteries. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Seamlessly blending classic horror and a dramatic narrative with sharp social commentary,*The Only Good Indians*follows four American Indian men after a disturbing event from their youth puts them in a desperate struggle for their lives. Tracked by an entity bent on revenge, these childhood friends are helpless as the culture and traditions they left behind catch up to them in a violent, vengeful way.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I’ve heard great things about that

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    This is the third installment of the excellent Peculiar Crimes Unit series of mysteries. Highly recommended.

Fowler’s books are great fun

Blog Entries

Wot u readin'?

Just finished the sixth installment of the excellent Rowland Sinclair series by the Australian crime novelist Sulari Gentill.

Next up one of many classics I’ve somehow managed to miss until now:

HPL -- the grandfather of love the art, hate the artist.

Name:  6096_hpl_bandw.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  92.0 KB
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_

Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
    HPL -- the grandfather of love the art, hate the artist.

Name:  6096_hpl_bandw.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  92.0 KB
    Well said!

Blog Entries

"Amy Stewart uses her skills as a researcher to lovingly excavate the wonderful, entirely forgotten story of the Kopp sisters, who briefly dominated East Coast newspaper headlines a century ago...Constance, Norma, and Fleurette live on a New Jersey farm, scraping by without too much difficulty until a road accident entangles them with a crooked silk manufacturer, who begins to harass them – possibly with the help of the Black Hand gang. It’s Constance’s doughty response that gives the book its title, and also its delightful verve...[Stewart's] created several memorable characters here, in particular Constance, who, enterprising and independent but with a closely guarded sorrow in her past, seems like an American answer to Maisie Dobbs."— USA Today

To be clear, this is a historical novel. While based on actual events, the author uses the tools of fiction to fill in the many blanks and to bring these characters to life.

I'm quite enjoying it.

Last edited by Kronos; Oct 6, 2020 at 10:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Reading the second book in the series. Enjoying it very much as well.

Blog Entries
    True crime: