Likes Likes:  432
Page 95 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot u readin'?

20% through this today. I like biking which makes the rest of it paletable! So farName:  20220809_152655.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  45.2 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes Kronos liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Enjoying this one so far (recommended by the New York Times Book Review):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Name:  38B5635B-35FC-4B20-B8B8-9E0773F8E25E.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  80.4 KB

Interesting comic about English cultists who are keen to resurrect King Arthur and cleanse England of its cultural impurities, as well as the people who have to stop it. Very interesting take on Arthurian legends, quests, and hero myths. I’m only six issues in, but it’s been a really good read so far.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

5. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    About halfway theough and I'm usually not in to short stories but these were very well written.

Summary from the publisher

Set in a Native community in Maine,*Night of the Living Rez*is a riveting debut collection about what it means to be Penobscot in the twenty-first century and what it means to live, to survive, and to persevere after tragedy.
    In twelve striking, luminescent stories, author Morgan Talty—with searing humor, abiding compassion, and deep insight—breathes life into tales of family and a community as they struggle with a painful past and an uncertain future. A boy unearths a jar that holds an old curse, which sets into motion his family’s unraveling; a man, while trying to swindle some pot from a dealer, discovers a friend passed out in the woods, his hair frozen into the snow; a grandmother suffering from Alzheimer’s projects the past onto her grandson; and two friends, inspired by*Antiques Roadshow, attempt to rob the tribal museum for valuable root clubs.*
    A collection that examines the consequences and merits of inheritance,*Night of the Living Rez*is an unforgettable portrayal of an Indigenous community and marks the arrival of a standout talent in contemporary fiction

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    This sounds really good. I’ll have to pick it up. I’ve been largely unable to quiet my mind long enough to actually sit, focus, and read, but I’m working on it. I miss reading for pleasure, I almost never do it anymore.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries

Just started this classic for the first time. At the rate I'm going it'll probably take me awhile, but also trying to enjoy it.

Just started this classic for the first time. At the rate I'm going it'll probably take me awhile, but also trying to enjoy it.

never got round to that one only ever seen the various mini series done on it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries

I'll be curious to hear what you think. I haven't read this one either.

Blog Entries
    Reading the fourth installment (out of five to date) in this series of crime novels set in in colonial India. I like historical mysteries and I like "police procedurals", so the "Wyndham and Banerjee" series by Abir Mukherjee is right up my alley. They're well written, intelligent and interesting stories.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Kill Artist by Daniel Silva