Bathysphere 500 today.

Cheers,

Chris

EP Red for a chilly (10F) morning.

Name:  2158B553-73FD-4245-9A93-06D1D844740A.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  91.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Going with scratch resistance today, as I am reaching behind metal things a lot.

Starting the process of reconnecting gozinda gozoutas...

Name:  StudioRebuild-12-6-21.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  67.7 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Going with scratch resistance today, as I am reaching behind metal things a lot.

Starting the process of reconnecting gozinda gozoutas...

Name:  StudioRebuild-12-6-21.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  67.7 KB
    Yowza. Must have been fun for the movers dealing with those Dunlavys.

5. Likes skywatch, Tim. liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Yowza. Must have been fun for the movers dealing with those Dunlavys.
    Those guys were impressive. I will hire Bekins again without hesitation if I ever have to move again... and I really really hope I will never have to move again!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

7. Likes mlcor, ctimrun liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Those guys were impressive. I will hire Bekins again without hesitation if I ever have to move again... and I really really hope I will never have to move again!
    Speaking as someone who has moved house ten times in the past 30 years (and that's even though we've now lived in the same place for 13 of those 30), the problem is that it's not the company that makes the move go well, it's the movers themselves. You can get good and terrible crews from the same moving company, it's luck of the draw. There's so much turnover in that industry you never know what you're going to get.

We also hope our next move will be out last, but it's a couple of years out, I think.

9. Likes skywatch, hayday, ctimrun, Tim. liked this post
    Looks cool with a matching leather jacket.

EP Red for a chilly (10F) morning.

Name:  2158B553-73FD-4245-9A93-06D1D844740A.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  91.3 KB

11. Likes mlcor, tribe125 liked this post
    Speaking as someone who has moved house ten times in the past 30 years (and that's even though we've now lived in the same place for 13 of those 30), the problem is that it's not the company that makes the move go well, it's the movers themselves. You can get good and terrible crews from the same moving company, it's luck of the draw. There's so much turnover in that industry you never know what you're going to get.

We also hope our next move will be out last, but it's a couple of years out, I think.

That's a lot of moving.

My wife and I have only moved a few times; our first house was 1992-1998, second house 1998-2005, current place we're prepping for sale 2005-current.

I'm 50 in 2022, hoping my next house is 20 years, then down to something that's smaller and easier to care for with a garage nearby for cars. A friend just did that in Winter Park, FL. Great condo on a lake with a garage he rents in an industrial area about 10 mins away, on the way to his office. Room for 4 cars and a lift inside, he parks his trailer outside. He built an office in it for COVID lockdowns. Perfect setup.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    That's a lot of moving.

My wife and I have only moved a few times; our first house was 1992-1998, second house 1998-2005, current place we're prepping for sale 2005-current.

I'm 50 in 2022, hoping my next house is 20 years, then down to something that's smaller and easier to care for with a garage nearby for cars. A friend just did that in Winter Park, FL. Great condo on a lake with a garage he rents in an industrial area about 10 mins away, on the way to his office. Room for 4 cars and a lift inside, he parks his trailer outside. He built an office in it for COVID lockdowns. Perfect setup.
    Well, we're, err, quite a bit older than that, and really want our next place to have everything on one floor so we can stay there as long as possible. Currently all our bedrooms and full baths are upstairs, and we realized what a problem that could be when I blew out my ACL a few years back. Most likely we're going to stay in this area (although it's not 100%), and if so, there just aren't any suitable (i.e. larger and newer) ranch homes here, so we probably will have to build. More expensive, but then we could get the layout we want, including a nice studio for me and a writing room for Mrs. Cor.

14. Likes skywatch, happyscrappyheropup liked this post