Likes Likes:  105
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronze watches, a fad? Beauty and the beast...

Bronze watches, a fad? Beauty and the beast...

-I don't think anymore then gold watches, square watches or any other particular material, style or genre out there. Its just yet another option you have. A while back I didn't get the bronze thing, until I owned one. Its a really fun thing to have in the collection.
    The beauty of bronze watches for me is the ability to polish it with a little elbow grease, you have a beautiful looking watch in bronze. You don't take care of it, go swimming and outdoor activities, knock it around and its still beautiful in a totally different way. You don't like the patina that formed? Just polish it out.

The beauty:

Name:  IMG_2942.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  70.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2944.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2911.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  70.7 KB

The beast:

Name:  IMG_3371.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  IMG_3381.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3382.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  37.5 KB

I can't decide what I like better but its a fun watch to have in the collection for sure and for those who had the diver's, chronographs etc and want something truly unique I recommend picking up a bronze.

Very nice. I have always wanted to add one of these to my collection.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

3. Likes -JP liked this post
    I usually enjoy having one bronze in the collection. I quite like patina so have never polished one though. Admittedly yours looks pretty super with the elbow grease in
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

5. Likes wschofield3, -JP liked this post
    I keep thinking about getting a bronze watch, and I'm a fan of patina. That Magrette is really nice.

-hayday
    The pessimist says it can't get any worse while the optimist says it can.

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    I love my Bronze ugly

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapalalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

9. Likes hayday, -JP, BlackNomad, gnuyork, iyonk, mlcor, bu11itt liked this post
    Big fan of bronze.... And if the new Zelos did not have nearly the same dial as the Helmsman I already have, it would be very tempti g to add another to the bronze pile.

11. Likes -JP, watchdaddy1, BlackNomad, iyonk, bu11itt liked this post
    Such a beautiful live material.
    Great pictures, everybody!

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

13. Likes -JP liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it's a steam-punk thing? I like the warm colors, I just wish someone made a design that was less bulky for us small-watch folks. They always remind me of:

Name:  is.php.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  51.8 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

15. Likes CFR, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Maybe it's a steam-punk thing? I like the warm colors, I just wish someone made a design that was less bulky for us small-watch folks. They always remind me of:

Name:  is.php.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  51.8 KB
    But I love these

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

17. Likes CFR, skywatch, -JP, bu11itt, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    I love my Bronze ugly

perhaps its just me William but is it possible that some bronze pieces look better with patina and some better with the polished look -for instance your Benarus looks superb with that even patina and JP's suits a polished look [ in my opinion of course ] - i think maybe JP hasn't given his enough time to develop that kind of patina - also maybe its the lighting in the images that can attract or detract from the overview

19. Likes watchdaddy1, -JP liked this post