Likes Likes:  72
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Step out of your watch comfort zone

I can see it both ways. I have a fairly diverse collection--dressy, divers, chronos, Swiss, German, Japanese, U.S., very wide price range, etc. I like variety. But that isn't necessarily for everyone, or every situation. For example, I wouldn't want a neurosurgeon to decide, for the sake of variety, to be my heart surgeon.

This thread reminds me of this. I love it and came close to buying it a few times but really out of my comfort zone to wear such a classy piece...

Name:  jlc976_zps5eb25e8f.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  43.9 KB

3. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Sidenote: it's possible to be interested in and appreciative of watches you don't want to own

I never really think about it don't think I have a comfort zone when it comes to watches I got such a wide diversity of watches from so many different country's that I don't count from small to large from classical to way out have it's cover
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes skywatch, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Sidenote: it's possible to be interested in and appreciative of watches you don't want to own
    This is an excellent point, and certainly true for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes -JP liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    I never really think about it don't think I have a comfort zone....(snip)

This is closer to my affliction. My agreement with the article doesn't come from a desire to induce others to buy watches they don't like, but rather from the fact that I never had narrow tastes, personally: dressy, sporty, military, astronomical, quartz, hand wind, automatic, Swiss, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Pavlovian, Germanium, ceramic, aluminum, plastic, vintage, avant-garde, unobtanium .... as long as they aren't too big or too expensive to risk wearing in public. A certain outspoken member of another forum once called me "the Whore of Babylon" and I embraced it.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

10. Likes OhDark30, is that my watch liked this post

Step out of your watch comfort zone

Yeah, me too!
    I bought them all (yay, Russian watches, so varied and so affordable - blow Rado, there's a guy on WUS f10 who has 1300 *different Raketas!*)
    Now I have toolish work watches and small sunbursty vintage for fun. Just picked up an 80s ana-digi - in Is's words: what comfort zone? :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

12. Likes scottjc, meijlinder, skywatch, geoffbot liked this post
    yes I agreed if you don't look you don't see I think it is more maybe the fact of not reading others people review and taking it as word ever body's taste vary I think that was the point was more maybe look see what is out there that you may not have know about or possible liked in the past.

take swatch they have change so much and if some one said I would never wear a swatch say have they looked at the new model or one some twenty years ago and they have had the same opinion since and saying so to all with out looking in to how they have change.

take swatch as I said it here is one from the 1986 two from 1992 and one from 2015 see how they have changed this is just a random pick as I have a model s to show the change or not
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

The conundrum is I want it, want to wear it but probably not enough to justify owning it...but yeah...i want it still

15. Likes popoki nui, Churchy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    The conundrum is I want it, want to wear it but probably not enough to justify owning it...but yeah...i want it still
    Yep.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

17. Likes -JP liked this post