Likes Likes:  4

Thread: New Timex Expedition Sierra. Grunt.

New Timex Expedition Sierra. Grunt.

I've been thinking of buying simple and reliable affordable analog chronograph.
    Among usual suspects like Seiko, Orient and Casio, Timex is considered as well.
    Coincidentally, they just released new model Timex Expedition Sierra ( TW4B015009J),
    also available in khaki/green and black/black.

It's 43mm wide, 14 mm high, 30 min chrono, WR 100m, shock resistant to ISO standards.
    I like everything about this model, except for the missing minute marks, which effectively turns this
    watch into just another "wanna be with three subdials", and this is a deal breaker for me.
    Of course Timex has another models like these:

Name:  T499059J.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  57.7 KB Name:  T49825DH.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  93.8 KB

but what is the logic behind it, why bother to release a new model, made it up to ISO standards and turn it into
    dress "something-ish" watch? And the price - dear Lord -it' more expensive than Seiko SND253 and
    Casio Edifice EF527D, which both are 12-hours chronos, and actually are some serious instruments.
    I'll probably buy it some 3 years down the road, when price will drop to $70-ish, as for now I fill confused and disappointed...
    Last edited by BlackNomad; Sep 7, 2015 at 04:36 AM.

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

2. Likes whatmeworry, timekeeper liked this post
    Totally agree with your assessment of the first Timex, great looking apart from that one crucial flaw. I also agree that their watches only feel like good value when their price (inevitably) drops a bit.
    When I posed a similar question to myself recently I ended up being a Seiko SND377P2 and I'm very happy with it

4. Likes BlackNomad, Rocat liked this post
    Consider Bertucci watches?

Oh, thank you, Jeff! I was looking for a cheap chronos, actually, but Bertucci's seem nice
    and entry level watches affordable and nicely designed!

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

well thought I had talked about the Timex in the o.p comment here must have been else where

so a bit late this one caught my eye .

a good while back but as wmw says at £69.99 hmm maybe not have been waiting for a sale I like it but not at that price
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1