Likes Likes:  309
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot of bother

Hybrid View

Spot of bother

I’m immobile, waiting for an ambulance. I slipped and fell, and my left leg won’t obey commands.

Ironically, I was leaving my aunt’s house, who is in hospital after a fall. I’m wedged sideways into the back of my car, and it’s cold. My wife is here.

So, if I’m missing for a bit, don’t worry. It’s just an old bloke falling over. I don’t think the damage is major. I’m mostly posting as a distraction, and I’m bored as much as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’m immobile, waiting for an ambulance. I slipped and fell, and my left leg won’t obey commands.

Ironically, I was leaving my aunt’s house, who is in hospital after a fall. I’m wedged sideways into the back of my car, and it’s cold. My wife is here.

So, if I’m missing for a bit, don’t worry. It’s just an old bloke falling over. I don’t think the damage is major. I’m mostly posting as a distraction, and I’m bored as much as anything.
    Good luck with the Ambulance,and hope its not to bad My wife waited 5 hours but sadly passed away that night
    Last edited by Smeagal; Dec 13, 2021 at 06:52 PM.
    Lots of old watches, ex mwc vet -Ceud mile failte , CWC ,,Longines Legend diver ., Omega Geneva & Seamaster 300 GMT, Seiko King Seiko plus,, Tudor black bay 58, Tissot Titanium Chronograph. Seiko miscellaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    Good luck with the Ambulance,and hope its not to bad My wife waited 5 hours but sadly passed away that night
    Wow that’s dreadful about your wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

hmmm not good mate that aunt of your seems a bad affect on you

if the same ambulance guy you can find out more of the wus watch story

so yeah be thinking of you
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I'll think happy thoughts for you.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    The lengths people go to to have an excuse to post on IWL...

(Sorry to hear and I keep my fingers crossed it's indeed nothing too serious!)

8. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Broken neck of femur. Oh bliss.

Op tomorrow, probably. I’m fine, or will be.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Broken neck of femur. Oh bliss.

Op tomorrow, probably. I’m fine, or will be.

Ouch! Sorry to hear, Alan. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

11. Likes tribe125 liked this post

13. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Oh dear! I can't imagine there's anything we can do to help other than our thoughts, but let us know how you get on.

15. Likes tribe125 liked this post