Likes Likes:  309
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot of bother

Oh no! Keeping you in my thoughts, and wishing you a complete recovery.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

2. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Best wishes to you and hoping you have a Speedy recovery!
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Dec 14, 2021 at 06:16 PM.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

4. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Yikes. Not nice.
    Sorry to hear. Hope all goes well mate.

How's the watch btw.

6. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Name:  ED2AE472-4DA8-471A-8172-644385B133FD.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  62.3 KB

Not a bad menu.

I have a brand new hip, both ball and socket. Fancy materials like titanium and ceramic. Bit of a surprise that there was no general anaesthetic. Sound of saw on bone fully present, along with blacksmithing sounds and spots of my blood on the overhead light.

The anaesthetist (introduced to me as the gasman) kept me entertained with dry humour and an eclectic music playlist. He tried to interest me in box of bone off-cuts at the end, but I thought I could live without them.

At an early point in the adventure, when the pain was hard to take, an attractive young nurse called me ‘A Man of Iron’, but she might say that to all the old boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    How's the watch btw.

Name:  D971E131-C0F6-4CA4-B15A-5639CB9A8D47.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  66.5 KB

No better watch for falling over. Officially certified superlative tumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

Not a bad menu.

I have a brand new hip, both ball and socket. Fancy materials like titanium and ceramic. Bit of a surprise that there was no general anaesthetic. Sound of saw on bone fully present, along with blacksmithing sounds and spots of my blood on the overhead light.

The anaesthetist (introduced to me as the gasman) kept me entertained with dry humour and an eclectic music playlist. He tried to interest me in box of bone off-cuts at the end, but I thought I could live without them.

At an early point in the adventure, when the pain was hard to take, an attractive young nurse called me ‘A Man of Iron’, but she might say that to all the old boys.
    probably looking at your blood chart at the time

might have took a bone fragment as might be cool to build it into a watch some how maybe as the dial
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I’m immobile, waiting for an ambulance. I slipped and fell, and my left leg won’t obey commands.

Ironically, I was leaving my aunt’s house, who is in hospital after a fall. I’m wedged sideways into the back of my car, and it’s cold. My wife is here.

So, if I’m missing for a bit, don’t worry. It’s just an old bloke falling over. I don’t think the damage is major. I’m mostly posting as a distraction, and I’m bored as much as anything.
    That’s awful Alan. I’m sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

11. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagal View Post
    Good luck with the Ambulance,and hope its not to bad My wife waited 5 hours but sadly passed away that night
    Wow that’s dreadful about your wife.

If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Not a bad menu.

Alan
    Are you in hospital or a restaurant? I don’t remember hospital food being like this 30 years ago when I had my knee done.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I’m immobile, waiting for an ambulance. I slipped and fell, and my left leg won’t obey commands.

Ironically, I was leaving my aunt’s house, who is in hospital after a fall. I’m wedged sideways into the back of my car, and it’s cold. My wife is here.

So, if I’m missing for a bit, don’t worry. It’s just an old bloke falling over. I don’t think the damage is major. I’m mostly posting as a distraction, and I’m bored as much as anything.
    Yikes! Just seeing this. Wishing you a fast and easy recovery.

15. Likes tribe125 liked this post