Likes Likes:  309
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Spot of bother

Pretty good, and the list of things I can’t do is getting shorter. I’m currently walking for twenty minutes twice a day, and that takes me halfway down the village street. By the end of the week I might have made it to the pub. I can almost do my own dressing and undressing, if I stick to slip-on shoes. The left sock remains tantalisingly out of reach.

I have a couple of scans this week, but everything technical has been looking as it should. Looking back, my progress was probably stymied for a month or two by the infection that wasn’t treated as promptly as it might have been. I was plugging on, but the muscles and ligaments couldn’t respond.

It’s about increasing strength and flexibility now. The next step, after conquering the village, will be the town. I must be years overdue at the dentist and opticians. I also need to be able to rise from normal height chairs, and chairs without arms. But it will come.

Very good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Name:  E07D8F68-67E0-4FE9-A434-B980735E6D39.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  97.9 KB

These days I do normal things.

Dentist followed by pub.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

Dentist followed by pub.
    Excellent. Especially if you get the order right.

Good to hear, Tribe. Keep plugging on, it will come.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Dentist followed by pub.
    Excellent. Well, yeah the pub bit.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty good, and the list of things I can’t do is getting shorter. I’m currently walking for twenty minutes twice a day, and that takes me halfway down the village street. By the end of the week I might have made it to the pub. I can almost do my own dressing and undressing, if I stick to slip-on shoes. The left sock remains tantalisingly out of reach.

I have a couple of scans this week, but everything technical has been looking as it should. Looking back, my progress was probably stymied for a month or two by the infection that wasn’t treated as promptly as it might have been. I was plugging on, but the muscles and ligaments couldn’t respond.

It’s about increasing strength and flexibility now. The next step, after conquering the village, will be the town. I must be years overdue at the dentist and opticians. I also need to be able to rise from normal height chairs, and chairs without arms. But it will come.
    Excellent! Good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  6250A526-CAB5-40BB-9952-44983AFBA351.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  114.7 KB

Back in our Kraków apartment after 2.66 years. Slippers on, hi-fi up and running, huge pizza devoured, third bottle of Zwiec by my side. My mate Marcin playing in the jazz club tomorrow, a friend to see on Friday, top seats for the ballet on Sunday, and our favourite Italian restaurant has moved to the end of our street. I could go in my slippers.

Why does my thrown together Kraków hi-fi sound better than my moderately expensive UK hi-fi? The Cyrus amplifier is twenty-five years old, the speakers were the cheapest ones I liked in a nearby shopping centre, the DAC is about the size of a bar of chocolate. I think it’s the room, and maybe the beer.

The airport was harder work than usual, but I must have looked plucky, bobbing along with my stick, and I was waved to the front of queues, both in England and Poland. I’ll expect that all the time now.

10. Likes rodia77, Fantasio, geoffbot, mlcor, Strela167, Greg liked this post
    Room acoustics, listening position, AND THE BEER!!! (not in that order)

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Ha, if you're still there towards the end of November, better keep a list of good meet-up places. Normally, mulled wine is in order at this time of year... not for this poor chap on the wagon, though.

13. Likes tribe125 liked this post