Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spot of bother

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spot of bother

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Attachment 113083

Not a bad menu.

I have a brand new hip, both ball and socket. Fancy materials like titanium and ceramic. Bit of a surprise that there was no general anaesthetic. Sound of saw on bone fully present, along with blacksmithing sounds and spots of my blood on the overhead light.

The anaesthetist (introduced to me as the gasman) kept me entertained with dry humour and an eclectic music playlist. He tried to interest me in box of bone off-cuts at the end, but I thought I could live without them.

At an early point in the adventure, when the pain was hard to take, an attractive young nurse called me ‘A Man of Iron’, but she might say that to all the old boys.
    My older sister had something very like this -- also after a fall. She did great and is better than ever -- and I'm sure you will be too.

In the meantime, oh "Man of Iron", let us know how we might entertain and amuse you -- beyond our usual foibles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    In the meantime, oh "Man of Iron", let us know how we might entertain and amuse you -- beyond our usual foibles.

Send rust treatments.

3. Likes Kronos liked this post
    According to the consultant (and blacksmith), I shouldn’t think of myself as an oldie with the near-cliché of a fractured neck of femur. I should think of myself as a youngish big bugger who hits the ground with a mighty crash.

5. Likes Kronos, popoki nui, skywatch liked this post
    I have seen people over 80 years old get the same surgery you just did and they have a full recovery. I'm sure you will do well. AND both legs will be the same length again!
    Last edited by chuckmiller; Dec 15, 2021 at 02:28 PM.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

7. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Ceramic and titanium, huh? Is there a silicon hairspring in there, too?

Seriously, though, I'm glad you're OK. Hopefully rehab won't be too bad. I understand the new joints have you up and about quickly, and basically you can go on with your life without restrictions pretty soon afterwards.

9. Likes rodia77, tribe125 liked this post
    That might be an exotic part not covered by health insurance

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    ...Is there a silicon hairspring in there, too?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Glad to hear you're on your to recovery, Alan. Can you do some "Five Things" posts while you recuperate?
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. Likes rodia77, Strela167, tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Glad to hear you're on your to recovery, Alan. Can you do some "Five Things" posts while you recuperate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

14. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Sorry I missed this! Don't know what I was doing. Well, it sounds like it could've been a lot worse, though I know you're not the type to complain if it were, so... Rest up... titanium and ceramic bones sound wicked!

Beer after covid yeah?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

16. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Oh no, missed this completely. Been reading only participated threads on Tapatalk.

I wish you get well soon. At least the incident hasn't affected your sense of humor.

18. Likes tribe125 liked this post