Likes Likes:  173
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you add to my collection?

How about some Japanese!!! I can’t say enough about this one; it looks equally as appropriate and good with a suit as more casual wear.

2. Likes Fantasio, Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I would add a Panerai. You pick which one. At $4,000 you may have to shop the pre-owned market but I bet you can find a nice one.
    I like this idea, but what’s available in that range doesn’t really appeal to me. If I could get a PAM 655 in budget, it’d be my top choice. But otherwise, I’m not sure. I’m a Radiomir guy of the Panerai range, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one around 4K. So many Panerais are too big for me too, and they’ve got too wide lug widths.
    Last edited by Raza; Dec 16, 2021 at 01:24 AM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I like this idea, but what’s available in that range doesn’t really appeal to me. If I could get a PAM 655 in budget, it’d be my top choice. But otherwise, I’m not sure. I’m a Radiomir guy of the Panerai range, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one around 4K. So many Panerais are too big for me too, and they’ve got too wide lug widths.

More than your budget, but one of my favorite Radiomir is the PAM574. It's a great size (42mm dia, 11mm thick, 22mm lug width), sandwich dial, with a 3 day handwinding movement that has a reset to zero hack function when you pull out the crown.

5. Likes Raza liked this post
    Excellent Panerai. It has a great movement and the lug width keeps you in normal straps. My PAM514 was 26mm and I still have a leftover strap I cannot sell off.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    ...my favorite Radiomir is the PAM574. It's a great size (42mm dia, 11mm thick, 22mm lug width), sandwich dial, with a 3 day handwinding movement that has a reset to zero hack function when you pull out the crown.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

For half your budget you could go Junghans and add something very different to what you have.

Zenith Pilot Cronometro Tipo CP-2 Flyback Chronograph Automatic Bronze Grained

Or the same watch not Bronze Grained.

9. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    More than your budget, but one of my favorite Radiomir is the PAM574. It's a great size (42mm dia, 11mm thick, 22mm lug width), sandwich dial, with a 3 day handwinding movement that has a reset to zero hack function when you pull out the crown.
    That’s a pretty nice one. Very clean dial, maybe even a little sparse for me. But a good size for a Panerai. Here’s the 655 for comparison, I love this one:

From what I gather, it’s very similar to the 574, just with an automatic movement and this lovely white dial. I still think it should only have 20mm lugs at that 42mm lug width, but it’s still a great watch. I think my BBGMT should also have 20mm lugs, but that doesn’t stop me from absolutely adoring that watch.

Oris can be had for $4,000 or less.

12. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Zenith Pilot Cronometro Tipo CP-2 Flyback Chronograph Automatic Bronze Grained

Or the same watch not Bronze Grained.
    Wow, that model in either bronze or steel is stunning. And a flyback, that’s awesome. I’m worried that it’s a bit too big for me, but that’s definitely something I need to keep on my list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    How about some Japanese!!! I can’t say enough about this one; it looks equally as appropriate and good with a suit as more casual wear.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Grand Seiko lately; actually, this thread was partly inspired by Geoff’s thread about Grand Seiko. I really loved my time in Japan, I love Japanese culture, and as much of a sucker I am for Swiss watches, it would be nice to have something from one of Japan’s best brands in the collection if I can find the right one.

15. Likes ctimrun liked this post