Likes Likes:  302
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Do Rado

Case is carbon diffused steel which is about four times harder than steel used in normal watch cases.
    I think carburizing is the term in industry to this treatment and hardness of 800 Vickers is achieved.
    Damasko uses similar technique in some of their watches.

Straps I use are 20mm Fluco genuine teju lizard straps that taper to 18mm at the buckle, the lugs are 21mm but the straps are almost that wide so virtually there's no gap.

I'd love to see some more feedback from Captain Cook 42mm owners about how it's wearing, weight etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    I'd love to see some more feedback from Captain Cook 42mm owners about how it's wearing, weight etc.
    Scott's got one. I've been trying to get him to write a review of all three of his new Captain Cooks.

Michael here has one too and so far I think he's mostly written nice things about it.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

I wanted a monochromatic watch to match black clothes, found this gem.
    Rado HyperChrome R32109152

The specs are not quite what resellers say.
    Lug width is not 19mm, it's 20mm WOHOOOOO! The bracelet was 19mm right after the lugs...
    Bracelet sucks, and I'm not a bracelet guy so I changed Hirsch Mariner matte black 100m WR leather strap to it.

Name:  Rado Hyperchrome.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  65.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Egsise View Post
    I wanted a monochromatic watch to match black clothes

Job done, I’d say. Smart but sober.

Do Rado

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    I think it is pretty great. I have the green which to me is the most appealing. Mine came as a kit with the bracelet and two straps. Given my preference for straps speaks well of the bracelet that it has never been off of it. The bracelet is very well engineered, and the grooves on the clasp help it never show marks so far. The finish of the watch is excellent and it wears nice on the wrist.

The only ding that I find in many ETA movement watches is the crown feel and action are not that great. Having a few Ball watches and a couple Breitlings with similar movement I know these can be setup to feel and work exceptionally. Those were COSC grade which may be the difference. I'd gladly pay a few hundred extra to have that sorted out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes FSM71 liked this post
    Strap for hunting trip.

Name:  _20200909_192649 (Small).JPG
Views: 117
Size:  54.6 KB

9. Likes rodia77, tribe125 liked this post
    BUMP.
    Plenty of Rados here.