Discussing watches with collectors never fails to amaze and inspire me. I tend to find it is the stories behind the watches themselves that evokes the emotion within a collector. As the great marketing guru Simon Sinek always says, it is not the ‘what’ but the ‘why’ which counts. I am also of the belief watch collecting should be something that has less to do with social significance and more about intrinsic meaning and a deeper appreciation of time for a collector (although this is not always the case). An example of this is this Andre Ekrem’s Ochs und Junior, a fascinating timepiece which on first inspection looks extremely simple. Andre is a 34 year old self confessed corporate slave from Bergen in Norway by day and watch geek by night (and weekend!). With a passion for travel, he tells me he frequently finds himself visiting independent watchmakers on the move. Let’s find out why his Ochs und Junior is so special to him.
The post The Collector’s Series – An indie lover and his very special Ochs und Junior Annual Calendar appeared first on Monochrome Watches.

More...