Likes Likes:  101
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Who died in 2022?

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I never purposely listened to the second Fleetwood Mac, but they couldn’t be avoided. When I did sometimes hear them or see them on TV, Christine was the only point of interest. She was always good, from Chicken Shack to the end.
    I saw the Christine/Lindsey/Stevie version of Fleetwood Mac live in 1975 or early '76 -- essentially by accident. I went to see Jefferson Starship at Boston Garden, invited by their lead guitarist Craig Chaquico, who I had interviewed for my college radio station. (I was interested in seeing Jefferson Starship because they were as close as I could get to the Airplane. A pale substitute; but as close as one could get.)

Fleetwood Mac opened and they were absolutely magical. None of it seemed trite or overdone yet. Springsteen aside, the mid 70's were not a great time for main stream rock (for me at least) and I welcomed Fleetwood Mac. I was drawn, then and now, mostly by Buckingham's guitar playing and Christine's songs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Fleetwood Mac (this version with Stevie and Lindsey) was one of the few bright stars of my Disco inundated high school music years. Being a rock fan their music was a refuge from most things on the radio then. Christine voice was my favorite in the group and her songs are still a frequent play. Self titled Fleetwood Mac followed by Rumors which was a mega album in the late 70's, and then Tusk Very sad passing. I was hopping to see them again if they let Lindsey Buckingham back in.
    One of my favorite t-shirts to perform on stage in during that era was my "DISCO SUCKS" t-shirt.

4. Likes Strange, Samanator, hayday liked this post
    Clarence Gilyard Jr Dies: ‘Walker, Texas Ranger,’ ‘Matlock’ & ‘Die Hard’ Actor Was 66

https://deadline.com/2022/11/clarenc...un-1235183554/

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Clarence Gilyard Jr Dies: ‘Walker, Texas Ranger,’ ‘Matlock’ & ‘Die Hard’ Actor Was 66

https://deadline.com/2022/11/clarenc...un-1235183554/
    Oh no, I loved him in Matlock. And he was good in Top Gun too. 66 is far too young.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

8. Likes tribe125, Fantasio liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    I saw the Christine/Lindsey/Stevie version of Fleetwood Mac live in 1975 or early '76 -- essentially by accident. I went to see Jefferson Starship at Boston Garden, invited by their lead guitarist Craig Chaquico, who I had interviewed for my college radio station. (I was interested in seeing Jefferson Starship because they were as close as I could get to the Airplane. A pale substitute; but as close as one could get.)

Fleetwood Mac opened and they were absolutely magical. None of it seemed trite or overdone yet. Springsteen aside, the mid 70's were not a great time for main stream rock (for me at least) and I welcomed Fleetwood Mac. I was drawn, then and now, mostly by Buckingham's guitar playing and Christine's songs.

I was at that Garden show. Did you go to school in Boston?

I'm Boston born and bred, and the 70's, at the local level scene, was amazing for mainstream rock, you just had to know where to go. The Rat, Jonathan Swifts in Hvd2 and the Paradise were my second homes.

https://www.mmone.org/
    Last edited by wschofield3; Dec 1, 2022 at 03:22 PM.

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I was at that Garden show. Did you go to school in Boston?

I'm Boston born and bred, and the 70's, at the local level scene, was amazing for mainstream rock, you just had to know where to go. The Rat, Jonathan Swifts in Hvd2 and the Paradise were my second homes.

https://www.mmone.org/
    I did indeed go to school in the Boston area -- Brandeis University in Waltham.

The venues I remember were maybe more mainstream at that time -- Boston Music Hall (where I saw the Dead); the Orpheum (I think I remember that name right) (where I saw Hot Tuna, James Cotton, Joni Mitchell), the Performance Center at the Garage in Cambridge (where I saw Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, David Bromberg), Passim (where I saw countless folk acts); I saw Michael Cooney, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee and tons of others -- I can't remember the venues. Commander Cody at B.U....

I also caught jazz at Paul's Mall and the Jazz Workshop on Boylston Street in Boston.

I didn't tumble on to Paradise until I started representing people from the Boston music scene in the 90's and the 2000's.

11. Likes wschofield3 liked this post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I didn’t even know she was sick. 71 is young these days, it’s a damn shame. She’s been famous my whole life, I don’t think there’s a time where I didn’t know who Kirstie Alley was.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

The news said her cancer diagnosis was very recent so the cancer must have been stage 4.