Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longines flagship L4 722 4 perpetual calendar HELP NEEDED.

Hybrid View

Longines flagship L4 722 4 perpetual calendar HELP NEEDED.

So I got talking to a bloke at one of the delivery offices I go to in Liverpool the other week and the conversation as is usually the case with us WIS was steered toward the subject of watches.
    He began to tell me about a longines watch that his late wife had bought for him and that had needed a battery change. I told him to fetch the watch in and I'd take a few pics and see if anyone could help.
    Apparently the watch needed a battery change and he dually took it back to the jewellers where his late wife had originally purchased the watch. After paying £40 for a battery change it was handed back to him not working and he was told he would have to send it back to longines to have the perpetual calendar reset and was quoted £250 for the privilege. But surely if the battery has been changed the watch should at least work ? I don't profess to know anything about perpetual calendars or longines watches in general but he's a really nice jolly chap and I like to try and help him with the help of the more knowledgeable contributors to this site.
    The watch is a longines flagship L4 722 4 pepetual calendar and I took a few pictures

Any help with this matter would truly be appreciated as it was quite clear that he has a great emotional and sentimental attachment to the watch.

Thanks in advance

So many watches and so little time.

2. Likes is that my watch, Strela167, iyonk liked this post
    dam fine looking watch hope some one can give you some advice
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Was it working before the battery change?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Was it working before the battery change?
    Yes, apparently it worked perfectly until of course the battery ran flat.

I can't offer any assistance, but I can say that is a very nice quartz watch.I have no personal experience with a High Accuracy Quartz, let alone one with a perpetual calendar, but I wonder if changing those long life batteries is something more than the typical swap.

how does a perpetual work ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    how does a perpetual work ?

I don't know in this case, but a quick look at The Google seems to suggest resetting the Calibre L.546.2 may be complex and difficult.

9. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    so it like it's got to be re-calibre hmmm would that stop the watch from ticking thou ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so it like it's got to be re-calibre hmmm would that stop the watch from ticking thou ?
    My thoughts exactly. Surely if the battery has been replaced with of course the correct one then surely the watch would still tick even if the date was wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watch Smeller View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Surely if the battery has been replaced with of course the correct one then surely the watch would still tick even if the date was wrong ?

I mean if it had to be re-calibre which can they even do it at the place he took it too ? if not surely he should have been made aware at the start to have the right people change and calibre it they would have done both at the same time and better then these . doing a half ass job and taking money for doing nothing I would have had to say something to them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy