Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Experiences of GS Servicing?

Experiences of GS Servicing?

Next week I shall be picking up my GS watch on its return from the Seiko GS Service Center in Japan. It's been away for 10 weeks for re-polishing after I accidentally scratched it during a long haul flight stumbling in the semi-darkness then made things worse trying to polish it out myself with Scotchbrite and Cape Cod... o^_^o

As Seiko advised the watch had to be returned to Japan as only the GS masters there are able to work on it, I am really excited but also slightly anxious about whether high expectations of the 'special repolishing service' will be disappointed...

Anyone else had experience of GS Japan servicing, whether overhaul or case refinishing? It'd also be interesting to compare the standard of work compare to factory service from Rolex, Omega, JLC, and other Swiss brands. Anyway I will be able to report back next week. And 10 weeks away isn't bad for turnaround time either

2. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    How severe was the scratch?

Retired from Fire/Rescue on 1/05/2019 with 30 years on the job

It wasn't severe, just scuffed it against the toilet door on the plane (yes I should know better than to wear the watch on a plane with cramp space and lots of things to knock it against).

It wasn't bad at all, just that I tried to refinish it and made it worse by messing up the perfect brushed and polished surfaces, so I cut my losses and had it sent back to GS Japan for 'special polishing service'.

It will look perfect.

Retired from Fire/Rescue on 1/05/2019 with 30 years on the job

Thanks I hope so...! Hope to report back if anyone else is interested.

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    Yes, very interested good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    It will look perfect.
    I'd say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsical Oracle View Post
    Hope to report back if anyone else is interested.
    I think we'd all be interested.

it will be in pristine condition once you fetch it back...Do you have b4 & after pics ??.....................
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I did take a couple of before pictures. Basically in polishing out the scuff, I stripped the satin brushing from the lugs with over zealous use of Cape cod, and wonky attempts at rebrushing using scotchbrite and fine grit paper. Yes I know I'm a goofus...

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsical Oracle View Post
    I did take a couple of before pictures. Basically in polishing out the scuff, I stripped the satin brushing from the lugs with over zealous use of Cape cod, and wonky attempts at rebrushing using scotchbrite and fine grit paper. Yes I know I'm a goofus...
    Just giving you grief my friend.

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapalalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842