Likes Likes:  193
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ))))))))))Friday 14/01/22 WRUW((((((((((((((((((((

CW today. Happy Friday!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Kody

Quote Originally Posted by deCompression View Post
    All these Doxa posts are driving me nuts. I still am thinking about the turquoise 300T but am reluctant to pull the trigger since I can't see it until it gets here, and I'm still dubious about the size and resizing the bracelet. I've definitely ruled out the 300, I'm convinced the dial will look too small to me.

3. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post

The cousin to my first automatic, and the official old guy watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey I want one and I'm not old? Wanna sell it to me at MSRP?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes happyscrappyheropup, gnuyork liked this post

))))))))))Friday 14/01/22 WRUW((((((((((((((((((((

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    When I finally retire I want to get a two-tone Datejust with fluted bezel and jubilee.
    Is that the old guy watch where you live? Since I already have the old guy watch for where I live, I’ve settled on the r tree ode or white gold Yatch Master as my retirement watch. May I should order it now to have it when I retire in about seven years.

Last edited by Samanator; Jan 15, 2022 at 12:55 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Hey I want one and I'm not old? Wanna sell it to me at MSRP?!
    I sold you the one I used to justify buying this. I think I need to hold on to it a bit or get a bit more to afford the $12k uptick to get the solid gold Yachtmaster.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    All these Doxa posts are driving me nuts. I still am thinking about the turquoise 300T but am reluctant to pull the trigger since I can't see it until it gets here, and I'm still dubious about the size and resizing the bracelet. I've definitely ruled out the 300, I'm convinced the dial will look too small to me.
    Do it. The bracelet is easy to size, just a one sided screw bar on my 300T. Has the gliding adjustment on the clasp too, though it does make the clasp a bit big. Does look good on rubber and canvas straps tho.

Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Do it. The bracelet is easy to size, just a one sided screw bar on my 300T. Has the gliding adjustment on the clasp too, though it does make the clasp a bit big. Does look good on rubber and canvas straps tho.
    The decision may be moot—the only US dealer, Watches of Switzerland, doesn’t have any, and I don’t know whether you can order directly from Doxa US, or how long it would take to get one that way. Their website seems to allow US purchases but says nothing about delivery times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    The decision may be moot—the only US dealer, Watches of Switzerland, doesn’t have any, and I don’t know whether you can order directly from Doxa US, or how long it would take to get one that way. Their website seems to allow US purchases but says nothing about delivery times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can and I have, though some time ago. I don’t recall any kind of delay, though YMMV of course I cannot be held liable for their shipping issues (appealing to your lawyer side lol).

The 300T page says it ships next business day. And they have several shipping speed options from slow to next day.

Not that I’m trying to nudge you in any particular direction.

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Not really, you don’t see much Rolexes around these parts. I would say here it’s either the old watch from early years, or a cheap quartz from the mall.

But that’s a model I see as a rich old man’s watch, and surely I will get at least old. 🥸

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Is that the old guy watch where you live?

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe.