Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meistersinger

Meistersinger

So, any other fans on board yet?

Had mine a couple of years now, and it's the watch that gets the most comments by far. It doubles, for me, as a dress watch and a relaxed "time doesn't matter today" watch. I usually prefer no-date watches, but on this model the date is balanced and fills the dial nicely. Talking of balance, the leading 0 on the digits is a master stroke.

These things are so well finished for the money, and the single handed method of telling the time is dead easy to master. It's actually more intuitive for kids to learn; there's just one scale. This has 5 minute markers, but it could easily have one minute markers. They can be as precise as anything else.

Because the movement is known to not be fond of hand winding, it's the one watch I keep on a winder. It gets worn pretty infrequently. I like to keep it to change into if I'm out for dinner etc.

Highly recommended. Enjoy the pictures:

G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

2. Likes SteamJ, CFR, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I have been looking very hard at one, but I am afraid it will be too big on my girly wrist.

I found a nice Kemmner made one that is smaller in case size, but would take one of these in a minute if it would fit me.

Great pictures of yours BTW.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

4. Likes OrangeSport liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    That's a beautiful piece, OS. I have been on the fence about Meistersinger for a long time, much like I've considered a 24 hour watch for years. Both interest me for their uniqueness, but I wonder if the novelty will wear off and they will not get much wear. I have to say that looking at your amazing pics makes me want to check some prices, which is never a good thing for the bank account...

6. Likes OrangeSport liked this post
    I have this one (Nš 01):

Name:  Meistersinger_5.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  369.5 KB

9. Likes Henry Krinkle, OrangeSport, OTGabe, Bwana liked this post
    I went for the Neo. I wanted the 36mm size and I love the vintage feel with the domed crystal, curved dial and solid caseback:

zP1012567 by hankblanc, on Flickr

P9030208 by hankblanc, on Flickr

P9020207 by hankblanc, on Flickr

P1012509 by hankblanc, on Flickr

P9020199 by hankblanc, on Flickr

zP9040220 by hankblanc, on Flickr

While I would have preferred the Neo to be a no date watch, it was not a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Nov 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

11. Likes OrangeSport, OTGabe liked this post
    Blog Entries

Question

Why is the mvmt sensitive to hand cranking? Can you manually wind it at all? What happens if you do?
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

13. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Thanks for sharing, all. This is a brand I have never had the opportunity to handle or see in person, but I have made a couple of offers online.....one will come my way eventually. I love the single handers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Why is the mvmt sensitive to hand cranking? Can you manually wind it at all? What happens if you do?
    It's petty well documented that ETA 2824 movements, and their clones, can wear badly from regular winding....

Thanks for all the comments. I don't know why, but the official pictures on line always look flat and miss the watch's beauty.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

16. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    I was after a Meistersinger for a bit, then went with a Jorg Schauer custom ... before he took over Stowa
    Name:  Jorg2.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  136.7 KB

18. Likes OrangeSport, cedargrove, Chase liked this post