Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steinhart Ocean Titanium

Agree. You have to have the patience of an oyster if you order from Steinhart.....
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Straight to the point:
    Name:  T500-01.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  54.0 KB
    Name:  T500-02.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  36.8 KB
    Name:  T500-03.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  39.0 KB

Yep, I still like it
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

3. Likes meijlinder, Bond liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Straight to the point:
    Name:  T500-03.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  39.0 KB

Yep, I still like it
    Looks good!

5. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Looks good!
    Thanks. Pleasantly surprised at the weight (or lack of) at only 130g when sized for my 7½" wrist, and only 140g with all links fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Thanks. Pleasantly surprised at the weight (or lack of) at only 130g when sized for my 7½" wrist, and only 140g with all links fitted.
    Titanium is weird. It looks like heavy metal but it's light as a feather!
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

Name:  T500-001.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  53.9 KB
    One whole week of ownership - My (brief) thoughts:

The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was how flat/matte the bracelet is; I'd gotten so used to the sheen which has developed on my other titanium watches' bracelets that I'd forgotten what they were like when new. Steinharts pictures show a steel-like sheen, but that's certainly not the case with mine. I'm not complaining though, as I know a sheen will develop over time.
    Sizing was simple enough with the screwed pins, though they were understandably a bit stiff (a good thing as long as not too tight). The clasp found its 'sweet spot' on my wrist, but this meant the head was riding up and onto the top of my wrist bone, so moved a link from one side to the other - Settled just where I like it
    Name:  T500-003.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  38.7 KB
    Because the bracelet is so light, it makes it a little top heavy and it was slopping around a bit which was rather annoying.... Until: I tightened it up one hole on the clasp. Didn't really notice it being any tighter on my wrist and it still has a little play, but now the head stays where I put it. I could bitch about the lack of wet-suit extension, but I'm unlikely to ever need one/it.
    Name:  T500-002.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  29.7 KB
    In summary: Now I've tweaked it and adjusted it; it fits nicely, is comfortable and no scratching, pinching, or hair pulling

I think it looks great and certainly lives up to Steinhart's own pictures (see above re bracelet !). The blue details are just enough to keep it interesting without overdoing it. I think I'd prefer the whole of the seconds hand to be blue, but that's just me being 'picky'. The lume is excellent and I'm yet to encounter a lighting condition where I couldn't read it clearly and immediately. The bezel is a 120 click uni-directional and is firm to rotate with positive clicks; it's unlikely to be knocked out of position once set. The sapphire insert 'lifts' it against the matte finish of the case & bracelet and because it too is lumed, it gives the dial an impressive sense of depth in the dark. I've tried numerous photos to try to illustrate this, but I just can't capture it
    Name:  T500-006.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  38.9 KB
    It was suggested elsewhere that it "should have' applied indices, and I initially agreed and it would be a nice touch; but now I've seen it in the flesh I don't think it needs them... My SMP doesn't have them either and it certainly doesn't 'suffer' from the lack of them, and nor does this.
    Name:  T500-005.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  32.0 KB
    The display caseback is a nice touch, but if I'm brutally honest: I don't care much for the gold rotor and I'd be just as happy with a solid caseback. I've not looked at it since I first took it out of the box. Maybe I'll study it more in the future, but for now.... not fussed.
    Name:  T500-004.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  49.6 KB

This is my first watch with a Soprod A10, so naturally I was curious as to how it would perform accuracy wise; durability and longevity remain to be seen. I set it against my 'Aerospace' last Monday, and have worn it 'normally' (put it on in the morning - take it off at bedtime) for the week - It's currently running at +30 seconds against the Aerospace... +4 ('ish) seconds per day... I can live with that

All in all, I'm rather pleased with it.