Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's your definition of affordable (because Ric already asked "what's high end?"

As my fortunes rise and fall so does this definition, but I say generally: up to $300 is easily affordable, $300-1000 is affordfable but I have to think about it some, 1000-2500 is affordable but I really have to like it and above that is work for it time...

2. Likes docvail liked this post
    $1000 - hard to get an auto chrono for under that.

Sent from a Potato using Tapatalk

I've always stuck with under $1000 as the affordable range. Of course individual ranges may vary but I feel somewhat comfortable with that.

5. Likes scottjc liked this post
    For the purposes of discussion here I usually think about a $1000 is the ceiling, but maybe closer to $1500 for a chrono.

However for me personally in terms of buying it depends on what my money's looking like, but usually <$500 is where I'm at for purchases that don't need any selling or extra special saving plans or the like. Above that it's got to be a combination of timing in terms of having the money at that time, and something special about it, something I couldn't get for cheaper that's similar enough.
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

I only work in GBP bit for me, I will spend £50 on a whim, £100 on a punt and my limit is about £300 for a 'normal' watch. More than that and I am buying something really special. I think affordable is anything less than that but in spirit is less than £100.
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post