Likes Likes:  26
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you get given my current collection?

It looks like Iconic ship to the USA (their small print says they ship to anywhere that FedEx operates) and their price for the Worldtimer is £2,980 ($4,598). My Datejust and Aqua Terra came from Iconic.

You might have to think about import taxes.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/nomos...tblau-807.html

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It looks like Iconic ship to the USA (their small print says they ship to anywhere that FedEx operates) and their price for the Worldtimer is £2,980 ($4,598). My Datejust and Aqua Terra came from Iconic.

You might have to think about import taxes.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/nomos...tblau-807.html
    Thanks for the link but it's less money on the Continent by a few hundred dollars and I'll be there a week from today. I love the UK but I've found its really tough to find good deals on watches there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.thewatchquest.com
    Instagram: @ryanwearswatches

I like the Zenith more but given that the Nomos seems like a deal that may or not be around later I would go Nomos.

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I'd go with the Nomos. It's a great watch and more unique than the Zenith at this point. Given the excellent price on the Nomos, it just seems to make more sense to go with it now. Plus, I am personally a big fan of that Nomos.

Ryan, that Nomos looks incredible on your wrist...that gets my vote. Also, the 38mm Zenith does look better on your wrist than the 42mm. My wrist is flatter and the 38 is too small and you're a bigger guy than me....that's why I was thinking the 42 was better for you.

Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpatrick View Post
    You think it's small? I think it looks just about right. Here's the bigger one on me.

Attachment 31107

I think it looks to big on my 7.5" wrist. Even if it didn't, the space between the edge of the dial and the sub dials is to much for my liking.

Just for reference, this is what the Nomos looks like on me.

Attachment 31108

www.thewatchquest.com
    I prefer the Nomos purely on looks though, but either 1 is a great piece.
    Decisions,decisions !!!

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge using Tapalalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I dislike the way the subdials overlap on the EP. It really really irks me especially since the original El Primero had the hour sub dial underneath with the minutes over it (its the other way around on the current ones). On the original due to the longer markers on the hour dial, everything is legible despite the slight overlap. I find the design decision with the current one where a quarter of the minute counter track is completely unreadable quite unforgivable.

Weltzeit all the way for me. I have the white one but I'll leave a couple of movement shots to help make up your mind

Blue or white, the depth of the fine grained dial will delight every time you look at it as the light plays across the different layers and levels

Last edited by tempocalypse; Sep 13, 2015 at 04:00 AM.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

8. Likes wschofield3, geoffbot, mlcor, FuzzyB liked this post
    Blog Entries
    You think it's small? I think it looks just about right. Here's the bigger one on me.

Attachment 31107

I think it looks to big on my 7.5" wrist. Even if it didn't, the space between the edge of the dial and the sub dials is to much for my liking.

Just for reference, this is what the Nomos looks like on me.

Attachment 31108

www.thewatchquest.com
    Okay, the 42mm is too big. Maybe you're just wearing the 38 too tight.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    I have a thick wrist but not a very wide one. I also think the lugs are a bit long on the El Primero so they hang off a bit.

One minute I say Nomos then I start to second guess myself. Hopefully it becomes clearer over the next week.

I'm curious to know if ADs in Europe negotiate on price like they do here in the states. If I could get the Nomos even lower that might be the tipping point.

www.thewatchquest.com

The lugs are short compared to the Nomos.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Nomos
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague