Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RT Wall Clock

RT Wall Clock

Pretty sure most of us lot have an (or more) RT around, but why are they so iffy...
    OK , kitchen damp/temp may be a problem, but, why so much trouble.
    Batteries get eaten, time can be way off then right..... (

I have a radio controlled wall clock in my kitchen, and it recently (maybe a year ago) stopped at 2:44.... tried fresh batteries... still stuck

I refuse point blank, to replace an otherwise perfectly good wall clock, so on the wall it stays ........

3. Likes boatme99 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    RT?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    RT?
    I could be setting myself up for a fall here; but, I took it to mean Real Time.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I could be setting myself up for a fall here; but, I took it to mean Real Time.
    Radio Contol , real time, atomic perhaps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Radio Contol , real time, atomic perhaps
    Ah. I thought Revue Thommen, and I was confused since I didn't know they were so common.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

8. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    time can be way off then right..... (
    Think that's just an intermittent poor reception problem......
    I've had that once or twice, way before it failed for good as described above lol

We have an RC clock in our kitchen and love it. Always syncs so we always know the correct time.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

As an update, changed the aa , did the wind around for some time, now right. Seems to need about two a year btw.

Use a decent alkaline..

As for your poor battery life this will be because of the poor reception in the location you chose... (that or a duff module)

These clocks don't adjust backwards in my experience so if it loses track of the time (with poor reception) it has to do a 11 hour and 59minutes forward reset, sometimes repeatedly ... this is what will sap the battery ahead of schedule.
    (mine is in a house with several 18 inch thick stone walls, so little chance of a continuous good reception)
    Last edited by Seriously; Sep 12, 2015 at 10:46 PM.