Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yobokies Anvil bracelet / Seiko SBDC 00* (Sumo)

Yobokies Anvil bracelet / Seiko SBDC 00* (Sumo)

Hi guy's,
    i am craving to buy a Sumo. For some reason this watch was never on my radar. I did not even knew what the watch looked like, untill i was checking out Higuci. After some quick google-learning the past days, i discovered Anvil bracelets look much better than the original tinfoil bracelet. Any experience here with these bracelets? If you own a Sumo pls feel free to share your experience with this watch and/or post some pictures. Links to good reviews, threads or articles are welcome too!
    If i should chose a Anvil, would i opt for 20mm (like the 'controversial" original bracelet) or for the 22mm version? Any alternatives for Anvil bracelets? Who also makes custom bracelets with custom/fitted endlinks for the Sumo?

20mm

22mm

...or should i save more and buy a Shogun??
    Last edited by I-B; Sep 14, 2015 at 09:59 PM.

I can't see the pictures.
    Shop Ague Trading Company for nylon straps

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    I can't see the pictures.
    strange, i took the img's from Yobokies' photobucket. I can see them

Maybe this will work better :
    the Anvil bracelet
    Name:  IMG_5642.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  37.0 KB

20mm
    Name:  20mm.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  37.3 KB

22mm
    Name:  IMG_5643.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  36.2 KB

stock
    Name:  img10032743151.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  76.9 KB

I would go for the black version. I just found out that Strapcode also has nice bracelets

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I have a black Sumo that I got when they were first released and I've never been tempted to sell it. I recently picked up a LE version and thought I would sell the original, but I'm keeping them both. They're quite different despite sharing the case and bracelet. Speaking of the bracelet, I am no fan of Seiko bracelets generally, but I grew to like this one. I just had to swap the clasp to remove the uncomfortable dive extension. They are great watches that are large and have real presence, but hug the wrist well due to the shape of the case. The casework is unmatched in this price range, and you will be more impressed with it in person than in photos.

For aftermarket bracelets, the most popular seem to be Strapcode and Strapboutique (WJean). Strapcode had the popular Endmill (President style), a nice solid oyster, and the Super Engineer which is very similar if not the same as the Anvil. None of these have a Seiko branded clasp if that matters to you.

http://www.strapcode.com/store/advan...bf2ku2&x=0&y=0

Strapboutique has a Super Oyster with a Seiko clasp, which is what I personally would buy if I was buying an aftermarket bracelet for my Sumo:

http://www.strapboutique.com/Product...uctCode=SumoO2

They have a President Style as well:

http://www.strapboutique.com/Product...uctCode=SumoO3

5. Likes I-B, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    They have a President Style as well:

http://www.strapboutique.com/Product...uctCode=SumoO3
    That's sweet-looking!

7. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    The president bracelet does go well with the curves of the Sumo.

9. Likes I-B, happyscrappyheropup, Samanator, Chase liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    The president bracelet does go well with the curves of the Sumo.

i guess one of these would look seweeett as well...
    Name:  IMG_1385_zps2a5d1867.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  56.0 KB

...less toolish, but i like it

I like the Anvil and President a lot.

- via tapatalk
    Shop Ague Trading Company for nylon straps

12. Likes I-B liked this post
    That President bracelet looks pretty nice. The Anvil as a whole I like the look but the end link doesn't sit well with me.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

14. Likes I-B liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I'll say this....there's a reason I've owned two Sumos and currently own none. They're a fine watch, but if you have the ability to go for a Shogun or even an MM300 (as I did, when I finally decided to skip the Shogun and go right to the top). I think it' showing to be worth it. A lot of reviews are rather hyperbolic, saying that the finishing is as good as watch that costs thousands more....it's good, but it's not going to challenge a Planet Ocean. Better than watches hundreds more? Yes. Is it worth it to jump to a high class if you can? Yes again.

Throw in a ne bracelet. That's a good bit of money. A lot of people do the sapphire crystal. That's more money. By then, you're getting close to a Shogun already.

The yen is so weak right now, if there's a ever a time to go a little bit bigger than you otherwise would have, it's now.

(I'm on the go now, but if you'd like, I can go into further detail why the Sumo failed the keeper test for me)
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking