Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello and thank you

Hybrid View

Hello and thank you

Thanks for the add. This seems like a very civilised place to loiter and drool without offending anyone. I've frequented another place for a number of years, and hope to find polite camaraderie here...

Here's my current SOTC:
    Name:  1968A19C-3491-4AE3-9F2B-FC9D32FCF621_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  96.2 KB
    And something to celebrate spring:
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 14.45.41.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  116.1 KB
    And what I'm wearing today:
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 14.48.42.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  51.0 KB
    Nice to meet you...

Quote Originally Posted by Calumets View Post
    I've frequented another place for a number of years, and hope to find polite camaraderie here...

Nice to meet you...
    yes most of use ended up here for the same reason all watch.... no hassles

funny thing. here I think we really genuine respect each other even if taste and views are drastically different from each other

nice eclectic collection

must be around watches t0o much as recognise most of them
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Calumets, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    nice eclectic collection
    Thank you! That's pleasing actually as I always thought my tastes were rather conservative - I only recently added the two blues, the Vostok I've always liked and the Seestern with a view to getting a Doxa down the line (I wasn't sure whether I would like the case - still not sure)... The Lego was a sub-£10 watch I couldn't resist which turned up this morning and turned out to be massive, but will do as some mantel art next to my box.

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Thank you! That's pleasing actually as I always thought my tastes were rather conservative - I only recently added the two blues, the Vostok I've always liked and the Seestern with a view to getting a Doxa down the line (I wasn't sure whether I would like the case - still not sure)... The Lego was a sub-£10 watch I couldn't resist which turned up this morning and turned out to be massive, but will do as some mantel art next to my box.
    yes was thinking more like russian, germany, swiss Chinese, etc and types too ... so yes nice mix of type and price points too ... no swatch x omega

I have been trying to down size for years so now around the 12/15 watch collection but mine's more themed then I thought maybe in some ways mil,bling,vintage, seems to be it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Aah yes, I see what you mean. I started out almost exclusively with vintage gold dress watches (Longines, Omega, Cyma etc) and just my max bill, but the costs of service and a few accidents involving water and scratched crystals meant I moved away from that completely. I hadn't really meant to have a range from different countries, but German style, build quality and accessible price points made them pretty inevitable. It is only very recently (2022) that I have tried cheaper watches from Russia and China. I downsized my collection from a high of 32 pieces to 6, and then wanted some fun, cheap alternatives with a splash of colour. I am amazed at just how good the Seestern feels for the money.

Aah yes, I see what you mean. I started out almost exclusively with vintage gold dress watches (Longines, Omega, Cyma etc) and just my max bill, but the costs of service and a few accidents involving water and scratched crystals meant I moved away from that completely. I hadn't really meant to have a range from different countries, but German style, build quality and accessible price points made them pretty inevitable. It is only very recently (2022) that I have tried cheaper watches from Russia and China. I downsized my collection from a high of 32 pieces to 6, and then wanted some fun, cheap alternatives with a splash of colour. I am amazed at just how good the Seestern feels for the money.
    yes seen steeldrive versions of it but not seesterns thats a new one on me ..the steeldrive is a cheap decent range of look a like watches for a fun wear .

yes I tend towards quartz's in expensive ones to minimize service cost (well service them myself ) but the Russian are normal work horse movements that go fine on their own for lot of years.. yes the tudors are classic line that is a nice touch would like a 1960's one at some point .
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Welcome aboard and nice collection!

12. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Welcome aboard and nice collection!
    Thank you very much.

and that's a very nice, universal collection you have. What's the no-logo one in the lower right of the box (and also the one below it, outside of the box)?

15. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    and that's a very nice, universal collection you have. What's the no-logo one in the lower right of the box (and also the one below it, outside of the box)?
    out side is a rado but yes was wondering the other sterile dial pan type ..but what type a mate ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

17. Likes rodia77, Calumets liked this post