Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    and that's a very nice, universal collection you have. What's the no-logo one in the lower right of the box (and also the one below it, outside of the box)?
    Thank you. Those are two-hand, hand wound watches: an Archimede 1950-3 which is also available in blue https://www.archimede-watches.com/1950-s/1950-3/ and a vintage Rado Simplon. The Rado is super thin but I've moved away from vintage due to the service costs and comparative delicacy, so it's actually up on Ebay and elsewhere.
    Last edited by Calumets; Apr 4, 2022 at 03:49 PM.

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Aah yes, I see what you mean. I started out almost exclusively with vintage gold dress watches (Longines, Omega, Cyma etc) and just my max bill, but the costs of service and a few accidents involving water and scratched crystals meant I moved away from that completely. I hadn't really meant to have a range from different countries, but German style, build quality and accessible price points made them pretty inevitable. It is only very recently (2022) that I have tried cheaper watches from Russia and China. I downsized my collection from a high of 32 pieces to 6, and then wanted some fun, cheap alternatives with a splash of colour. I am amazed at just how good the Seestern feels for the money.

There's no Ranger - could it be the Black Bay 36 on the left on bracelet, or the Archimede 1950-3 on brown leather with the sterile dial and arabic numerals?

Quote Originally Posted by Calumets View Post
    There's no Ranger - could it be the Black Bay 36 on the left on bracelet, or the Archimede 1950-3 on brown leather with the sterile dial and arabic numerals?
    Ah bb36 yes my bad!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Aah yes, I see what you mean. I started out almost exclusively with vintage gold dress watches (Longines, Omega, Cyma etc) and just my max bill, but the costs of service and a few accidents involving water and scratched crystals meant I moved away from that completely. I hadn't really meant to have a range from different countries, but German style, build quality and accessible price points made them pretty inevitable. It is only very recently (2022) that I have tried cheaper watches from Russia and China. I downsized my collection from a high of 32 pieces to 6, and then wanted some fun, cheap alternatives with a splash of colour. I am amazed at just how good the Seestern feels for the money.
    yes seen steeldrive versions of it but not seesterns thats a new one on me ..the steeldrive is a cheap decent range of look a like watches for a fun wear .

yes I tend towards quartz's in expensive ones to minimize service cost (well service them myself ) but the Russian are normal work horse movements that go fine on their own for lot of years.. yes the tudors are classic line that is a nice touch would like a 1960's one at some point .
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Oh, welcome ! Love the Archimede . . . is that a Nomos on the top? If so, nice . . . actually even if not so, neat, ha !

10. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Thank you. Those are two-hand, hand wound watches: an Archimede 1950-3 which is also available in blue https://www.archimede-watches.com/1950-s/1950-3/
    Ah, I thought German but more along the lines of Stowa or Aristo -- Archimede didn't come to mind.

12. Likes Calumets liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Oh, welcome ! Love the Archimede . . . is that a Nomos on the top? If so, nice . . . actually even if not so, neat, ha !
    Thanks - the Archimede is gorgeous looking, not a great feel when winding. The 'Nomos' is in fact a Stowa Marine 36 Roman which has a buttery smooth winding action.

14. Likes uchinanchu, Fantasio liked this post
    Archimede have some great watches. They are the Ickler family, so the cases are really nice in particular. I really like their Outdoor field watch too.

16. Likes uchinanchu, rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ah bb36 yes my bad!
    This is my favourite watch by far: just perfect!