Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A THANK YOU, from IWL

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    You are correct. Which is why I said they cannot fight against MM as a brand (i.e., the Parnis watches that are homages); however, they can fight against the MM name. Which is what they are doing.

Of course, this is not getting into how Richemont bought their way into trademarking the name of a military institution, but that's for a different day. While it may fly in Italy, I am genuinely curious to see how this pans out in a WTO court.
    Rolex have trademarked the name of a person who works in a Submarine. Sanity takes a nosedive when greedy corporations get involved...
    Proud veteran of the Military Watches Collection thread. 18th February 2014-22nd November 2014. Gone but never forgotten.

My watch blog - Wristwatch Review UK | Seagull1963.co.uk

2. Likes popoki nui, is that my watch liked this post
    Thank you back, I'm loving this place so far and can certainly see myself posting more here than on the 2 other watch boards I frequent - IWL is more relaxed than WUS and friendlier than TZ-UK. Keep it up

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Great to be here. Glad everything is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    You're right. I looked at the number at the bottom. We've banned about 80 spammers who actually get counted in the number at the bottom. So you're number is correct and growing every minute.
    Thanks, Broker. 243 strong and growing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Good point.
    Keep the lawsuits coming. I want to buy a Jaguar F-Type (V6S roadster, 6 speed manual) in a couple of years; if everyone starts playing by the rules, I'll have to fall back on my career in finance.

8. Likes vinylgreek, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Keep the lawsuits coming. I want to buy a Jaguar F-Type (V6S roadster, 6 speed manual) in a couple of years; if everyone starts playing by the rules, I'll have to fall back on my career in finance.
    Don't lose any sleep, this is what I have learned about the legal profession: it is one that takes most of a lifetime to become truly competent even in a small area but law is an area that the average person often feels comfortable making proclamations on without even a hint of formal training. That results in a long line of people who think they are "right" needing the services of attorneys.

Panerai has a trademark on MM in several countries (as well as their crown protector) and has successfully litigated it at least once (Ken Trading). I always think it is rather cavalier for those with little or no skin in the game to suggest others that do have skin in the game make a stand.

Great start- good to be here with the people that count.

Thank you for creating an open, welcoming community focused on watches, which also is guided by good humor and humility.

Jane

You're quite welcome.

When will the free blender I was promised for coming over be shipped? The holidays are rapidly approaching you know.

13. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Yes, thank you for a better place to spend my time.