Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Davosa

Hybrid View

Opinions on Davosa

Has anyone owned one of their watches? On paper they look nice, albeit a bit pricier than the likes of Steinhart who seem to offer a similar range. Their 40mm sub homage, the Ternos, really does appeal to me.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    I love Davosa, just not their homage watches. I would prefer the Argonautic (lumis). Their finish is like their bracelet's/straps : spot on....

4. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    Those very square numerals don't seem to be very happy on the curve of the bezel. I know it's just an optical illusion but it's one that's present in every photograph brought up by Google Image Search. (Perhaps when one is looking at it in 3D, with two eyes, the brain will sort it out?)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Those very square numerals don't seem to be very happy on the curve of the bezel. I know it's just an optical illusion but it's one that's present in every photograph brought up by Google Image Search. (Perhaps when one is looking at it in 3D, with two eyes, the brain will sort it out?)
    I hadn't spotted that.... now I have.

I think @seriously has some, though not divers...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

their ceramic blue Ternos does the blue Sub thing but with the added bonus of not having the maxi-lugs and crown guards of the Rolex.
    at about £500, it strikes me as being a perfect tester watch for those wondering if a 40mm Sub is really their sort of thing.

edit:
    I think it's also worth pointing out that unlike some Sub homage makers, the Ternos case is not a straight up copy even though it shares very similar dimensions. Nor is the bracelet an off the shelf copy of the Rolex Oyster. In other words, this is less of a "copy" (and by that I mean that they are not using questionable sources for case parts) than others are, which is probably reflected in the price.
    Last edited by drunken monkey; Sep 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM.

9. Likes Der Amf, whatmeworry liked this post
    Just got one for a very good price in an Amazon Lightning Deal (which sold out in 3 mins, so suspect they didn't have many). Should be on my wrist on Saturday

I have 2 of their divers (black old style, blue ceramic) and although I'm not wearing them and someday will get around to selling them, the quality is very good on both.

Yeah I love Davosa , I have three dressy type watches and a chrono

Good stuff all round, I'm on my tablet right now so findings pics is an arrrrrrse.

Can't go wrong, unless you pay more than you should

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Yeah I love Davosa , I have three dressy type watches and a chrono

Good stuff all round, I'm on my tablet right now so findings pics is an arrrrrrse.

Can't go wrong, unless you pay more than you should
    Got it for 33% off RRP which seems a good deal