Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Broad Arrow Speedy strap experiment

Yet another Broad Arrow Speedy strap experiment

The Broad Arrow re-issue, just like the Speedy Pro, is quite a versatile watch that goes well with many different types of straps and bracelets. Last time I tried something significantly different was a vintage beads of rice bracelet which I rather liked though not everyone was a fan.

http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...edy&highlight=

This time I decided to try out a bund strap I had lying around that I hadn't gotten round to trying out. What do you guys think?

It could be just the novelty factor but once again I am liking the combination. I haven't worn a bund strap since I was a teenager when I had some quartz watch I can't remember the name of that came with a bund.

A little macro of the applied Omega logo just because.

Last edited by tempocalypse; Sep 16, 2015 at 12:06 PM.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Sorry, Temp. I'm not a fan of the bund. However your pics are amazing as always and of course you know my feelings on the BA in general.

3. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    I love the color of the leather
    bund usually work well with small watch that you want to make it wear bigger, or a really big watch to fit smaller wrist... and usually paired with pilot/field watches.
    the broad arrow is a very balanced already.. even tough the combo look interesting, at least i wish you could a picture of the setup without the bund add-on on your wrist..

i'm glad to see you have fund and always alter the look of the watches in your collection.. kudos for that and thanks for sharing TC!

5. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Sorry, Temp. I'm not a fan of the bund. However your pics are amazing as always and of course you know my feelings on the BA in general.
    Thanks and fair enough its not to your taste

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I love the color of the leather
    bund usually work well with small watch that you want to make it wear bigger, or a really big watch to fit smaller wrist... and usually paired with pilot/field watches.
    the broad arrow is a very balanced already.. even tough the combo look interesting, at least i wish you could a picture of the setup without the bund add-on on your wrist..

i'm glad to see you have fund and always alter the look of the watches in your collection.. kudos for that and thanks for sharing TC!
    Yeah I was just thinking the same thing actually! Perhaps the bund is a bit much for a 42mm watch (the pics off the wrist look better :S) I might try it with the B&M capeland which is 39mm. Unfortunately my 36mm Lemania chrono has 18mm lugs and the strap itself is 20mm.

Btw this is the BA on the same strap minus bund flap. Don't have wristshot at the moment. In any case the Broad Arrow as you pointed out will continue to switch around on various straps!

Last edited by tempocalypse; Sep 16, 2015 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Thanks and fair enough its not to your taste

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing actually! Perhaps the bund is a bit much for a 42mm watch (the pics off the wrist look better :S) I might try it with the B&M capeland which is 39mm. Unfortunately my 36mm Lemania chrono has 18mm lugs and the strap itself is 20mm.

Btw this is the BA on the same strap minus bund flap. Don't have wristshot at the moment. In any case the Broad Arrow as you pointed out will continue to switch around on various straps!

See now...

Yeah, have to agree with gnuyork . Second look is better (looks great even). Especially in the head on wrist shot it looked a bit big with the bund

Thanks TC!

that BA is like a beautiful lady.. a beautiful lady would look stunning even with less make up and simple dress... i think you know what i mean

is that the same strap you often paired with your gorgeous white world time Nomos?

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Thanks TC!

that BA is like a beautiful lady.. a beautiful lady would look stunning even with less make up and simple dress... i think you know what i mean

is that the same strap you often paired with your gorgeous white world time Nomos?
    Haha point taken. Its the same model by the same company, I got it as a spare for my other watches since the one on the Nomos is a permanent fixture as far as I'm concerned since its such a perfect match. I got it with the bund option this time just to try it out.

11. Likes iyonk liked this post
    always liked a bund for a makeover ! in my experience there is never much love for a bund on here -personally i think it looks great -in truth probably better when used with a military piece as here with my Hamilton and even a nato -Name:  _GJP0016.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  79.0 KBName:  sped1.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  69.7 KBnevertheless can handle a larger watch quite easily and attractively as with speedy -it takes maybe 5seconds to de-bund a strap so you have two looks available without any fuss ! this bund pad was ordered from Gunny specifically to fit this size

13. Likes iyonk, tempocalypse liked this post
    Too bulky on the bund for me, and the ecru stitching looks a bit awkward, half-disappearing beneath it.