I've noticed, its not necessarily the 'big names' that get a collector's juices flowing. It often happens to be the more unusual, niche creations. I guess it come down to the desire to own a unique piece of art. This is certainly the case with our Editor in Chief Frank Geelen. Last time we sat down to discuss his collection we covered his beautiful Sarpaneve Korona K1 (one of ten ever made) here. On this occasion it is his HAUTLENCE HL Ti. *There are some watches that have a wonderful ability of sticking in your mind. I will certainly never forget the first time I laid eyes on a creation from HAUTLENCE. One thing is for sure, when you see a HAUTLENCE on the wrist, you know it's a HAUTLENCE! Since 2004, the manufacture have been creating fascinating timepieces that incorporate both bold case designs and technically advanced movements. The name (for those of you who were unaware - as I was!) is an anagram of the canton of Neuchâtel in tribute to the cradle of watchmaking.*In 2012, HAUTLENCE welcomed Georges-Henri Meylan onto the team and with brand Co-Founder Guillaume Tetu and are driving the business forwards. In this interview we cover how Frank came across the brand, what his favourite feature of the watch is and the three words he would use to describe it!
The post The Collector’s Series: Frank’s spectacular Hautlence HL Ti 01 appeared first on Monochrome Watches.

More...