Why some people write the lowercase letter 'r' like this:

Name:  Zaner-Bloser-Cursive-Alphabet-Chart.png
Views: 139
Size:  21.0 KB

while others write it (correctly ) like this:

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  36.9 KB

You wouldn’t want to see mine - it’s merely suggestive of an ‘r’. Keyboards have killed handwriting, including my own. I can probably go for weeks without using a pen or pencil.

The second example looks like my sister’s handwriting, but then she was an old-school schoolteacher, standing in front of a blackboard, teaching children to write.

Cursive is stupid and serves no purpose. The only time most people write in cursive is when they are signing their name. Nothing prints in cursive, no books or magazines are printed in cursive. Further, once schools stop requiring its use, students stop using it. It does nothing but contribute to poor handwriting. I'd like to see it abolished.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    What I want to know is why [some] Millennials are rewriting written English. I saw a post on Instagram from a young woman that featured a dog in the driver's seat of the car and she typed "ubers here" - cute, but doesn't make sense. Of course, I knew what she meant, but that's not the point. I messaged her and asked her if it was a typo or if "Millennials are re-inventing the English language."

Her response was "I think we just don't care joe"

Which infuriates me for some reason. Just a little, nothing heart attack inducing... The same thing with a young woman in my neighborhood - on her passenger side door to her car there is a sticker that reads "get in loser"

I get that there can be typos (and I'm surely guilty of that), but I really feel like this generation just doesn't comprehend real English or they just don't give a shit. Which is annoying. They will be our leaders one day.
    Last edited by gnuyork; May 24, 2022 at 11:05 PM.

At least Americans don’t have to suffer Americanisms.

7. Likes gnuyork, scottjc, Sedi liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    At least Americans don’t have to suffer Americanisms.
    Here we go. Two peoples separated by a common language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post

Name:  Zaner-Bloser-Cursive-Alphabet-Chart.png
Views: 139
Size:  21.0 KB
    And yet nobody has noticed the spelling mistake. That annoys me more than anything.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Blog Entries
    I’ve always seen and used both. As I recall, the first one is for when the r is in the middle of a word and the second is for when the r is the first or last letter of the word. But, it’s been oh so many years since I’ve written anything in script except for my own signature.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

11. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I’ve always seen and used both. As I recall, the first one is for when the r is in the middle of a word and the second is for when the r is the first or last letter of the word. But, it’s been oh so many years since I’ve written anything in script except for my own signature.
    So Raza in cursive... Which "r do you write? Or do you just scribble your signature? That's what I do.

14. Likes Raza liked this post