Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: WatchDaddy, he's der man

  1. #1

    WatchDaddy, he's der man

    An extremely generous present arrived from the other side of the pond yesterday, from Mr WatchDaddy

    A set of watchmaker's screwdrivers in a nice little wooden case (pic of it is in the sales section somewhere.) that he just wasn't using.
    I need to find some grub screws to hold some tips in but it won't be a problem.
    I've more than likely got them at work, but haven't had chance to look what with my new car.

    I've said thanks to him privately , but thought he deserved a public outing

    so Thanks again buddy , it's VERY much appreciated and your kindness didn't go unnoticed
    Last edited by Seriously; Sep 17, 2015 at 09:05 PM.

  2. #2
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    19,920
    What a gent. He looks like he'd knock your lights out but actually he lights...up...iwl with his kindness...?! I'm low on poetic prose tonight but my feeling should shine through. Cheers William - we love ya x
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    What a gent. He looks like he'd knock your lights out but actually he lights...up...iwl with his kindness...?! I'm low on poetic prose tonight but my feeling should shine through. Cheers William - we love ya x
    nice one William but we all know your secret really Name:  article-0-07BA04E0000005DC-372_468x551.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  58.0 KB

  4. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
  5. #4
    Porous Membrane skywatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Valley of Heart's Delight
    Posts
    7,107
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    nice one William but we all know your secret really Name:  article-0-07BA04E0000005DC-372_468x551.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  58.0 KB

    can't be Watchdaddy - no tats.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

  6. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
  7. #5
    The Dude Abides Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,516
    Very generous gesture on your part WD.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

  8. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
  9. #6
    Exceptionally nice, Mr Daddy.
    I think the proper thing for seriously to do is to use them to immediately dismantle a watch and post the pictures..........

  10. Likes watchdaddy1, Seriously liked this post
  11. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    An extremely generous present arrived from the other side of the pond yesterday, from Mr WatchDaddy

    A set of watchmaker's screwdrivers in a nice little wooden case (pic of it is in the sales section somewhere.) that he just wasn't using.
    I need to find some grub screws to hold some tips in but it won't be a problem.
    I've more than likely got them at work, but haven't had chance to look what with my new car.

    I've said thanks to him privately , but thought he deserved a public outing

    so Thanks again buddy , it's VERY much appreciated and your kindness didn't go unnoticed



    Damnn !!! That was some fast a$$ delivery.I hope you use them properly...
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....


    William

    Member#842

  12. Likes Seriously liked this post
  13. #8
    Thanks Guys for all the comments.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....


    William

    Member#842

  14. Likes Seriously, BlackNomad liked this post
  15. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Exceptionally nice, Mr Daddy.
    I think the proper thing for seriously to do is to use them to immediately dismantle a watch and post the pictures..........

    or his little car
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....


    William

    Member#842

  16. Likes Seriously, I-B liked this post
  17. #10
    Big Member Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,423
    Wait, are those the ones you promised to me???


    Kidding, of course. You're a true gentleman William. Good on you.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

    Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

    Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

  18. Likes Seriously liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us