Likes Likes:  131
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so boring.....

Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar

I'm so boring.....

So I haven't posted almost at all in the daily WRUW threads for awhile now, although I've sort-of tried to keep up with them. The last couple of weeks in August and well into September was a crazy busy time for me, and I really wasn't thinking much about which watch to wear each morning. I just threw something on and wore it for days on end.

And you know what?

I liked it! I didn't realize how much mental effort was going in to selecting a watch every morning. Putting on a watch and forgetting about it for a whole week or so has been quite refreshing. I really got to appreciate the watches I wore...much moreso than changing every day.

I think this is a routine I will continue. So I will continue to be dreadfully dull and boring and not post a watch every day. Much to everyone's relief, I suspect.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen

Like IWL on Facebook!

There are both true and false statements in your post.

True, it can be liberating and very enjoyable to wear a single watch for an extended period of time. I try to do that with my main rotation watches often. When a watch doesn't make it to this rotation very often it's place in my collection is put into evaluation mode.

False, we all (yea, I said all, I'm speaking for everyone and if anyone has a problem with that, tough... ) love your watch pics and sorely miss them when they are not there. You can post the same watch everyday for two weeks and we won't mind.
    Chris:

The more I cut down the collection the less effort it takes me to pick something out. I'm starting to do bi weekly rotation and I like it. I'm starting to get more enjoyment out of the ones I really love as Im wearing them more as I sell off others. Like you said on another post I believe, been on a selling binge as opposed to a purchasing binge.

4. Likes BillyR___, Rusty liked this post
    Yeah Sherry, post the same watch everyday, we don't mind (at least Bu11itt and I don't mind )

6. Likes bu11itt, BillyR___, -JP, JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bu11itt View Post
    There are both true and false statements in your post.

True, it can be liberating and very enjoyable to wear a single watch for an extended period of time. I try to do that with my main rotation watches often. When a watch doesn't make it to this rotation very often it's place in my collection is put into evaluation mode.

False, we all (yea, I said all, I'm speaking for everyone and if anyone has a problem with that, tough... ) love your watch pics and sorely miss them when they are not there. You can post the same watch everyday for two weeks and we won't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Yeah Sherry, post the same watch everyday, we don't mind (at least Bu11itt and I don't mind )
    Make that 3 of us.

8. Likes bu11itt, -JP, JAGtime, iyonk, scottjc liked this post
    Post the same watch, post a different watch, post whatever you want, but post. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Make that 3 of us.
    Four.

11. Likes bu11itt, -JP, JAGtime, iyonk, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    yea what they all said.............
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar
    Alright! I"ll post as much as I can. It's probably time I took some fresh pics anyway. But if any of you drop face down into your cannelloni and slip in to a coma, don't blame me!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen

Like IWL on Facebook!

14. Likes bu11itt, Nutty28, iyonk, JAGtime, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Alright! I"ll post as much as I can. It's probably time I took some fresh pics anyway. But if any of you drop face down into your cannelloni and slip in to a coma, don't blame me!
    I promise......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes iyonk, popoki nui liked this post