Likes Likes:  1

Thread: RADO or NOT?

RADO or NOT?

OK, time for a new instalment of Rado or Not?

Here's a doctored image, with identifying marks covered (or are they?) for your perusal.
    I'll post the real thing later and we'll see who correctly identified the brand/model, if anyone can...

Name:  Rado_or_Not_2022-07-14_n.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  119.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    OK, time for a new instalment of Rado or Not?

Here's a doctored image, with identifying marks covered (or are they?) for your perusal.
    I'll post the real thing later and we'll see who correctly identified the brand/model, if anyone can...

Name:  Rado_or_Not_2022-07-14_n.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  119.4 KB
    ant that a scarabeo 70's funk if ever I saw it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Too much of it doesn't look Rado. I can't decide what that means but I'll say not.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

There are aspects of it that do look Rado but it's certainly not one that I've ever seen so, I'll say no. Good to see you Brad, how's things?

Hey! Things are good...I'm off tomorrow to visit my daughter in Tennessee for her 21st birthday (a big deal in our backward land).
    Hope all is well in OZ and you're not experiencing dreadful rainfall and flooding like some of my colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    scarabeo 70's funk
    We have a winner!

It certainly looks a lot like some Rados and might have fooled this crowd 10-15 years ago, but our collective knowledge and understanding of Rado designs made it clear to the initiated that this is probably NOT a Rado.

Photo credit: Jordan (aka RetroWatchGuy on IG):

Name:  Rado_or_Not_2022-07-14.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  66.8 KB
    Last edited by watch carefully; Jul 15, 2022 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    Hey! Things are good...I'm off tomorrow to visit my daughter in Tennessee for her 21st birthday (a big deal in our backward land).
    Hope all is well in OZ and you're not experiencing dreadful rainfall and flooding like some of my colleagues.
    A very happy 21st to your daughter Brad, it's still a big deal here too. We haven't experienced the same flooding as some parts of Sydney and the north coast but, I still managed to have my engine stop in the middle of a flooded road a couple of weeks back. Luckily a passer by with a 4wd towed me out and after about 4hrs work on the engine I was able to coax it back into life, actually, it's maybe running better than before as lots of soot and carbon burped out of the plug holes along with the water. Hell of a way to clean out your engine though, I don't recommend it.
    Last edited by Tim.; Jul 15, 2022 at 10:27 PM.

8. Likes watch carefully liked this post