Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Hi from New Zealand

Hi from New Zealand

Hi,

I'm a newly minted vintage Rado fan from New Zealand.

I'm fascinated by the vintage '60s and '70s Rados, particularly the Alpine Series, after chancing on a local Rado Gorner.

I was horrified to find I missed out on the EoT Rado forum and also a lot of the missing Rado photos with the disappearance of fototime.

Its great to find you all here and I'm looking forward to learning about Rado watches from the forum.

Slade.

Welcome! Its a good group of folks here, with a wealth of knowledge.
    Your post reminds me I probably have references on my website to EOT...which I'll want to redirect here!

Cheers,
    Brad in Pennsylvania

Hello and welcome. Always nice to see new faces.

Is the Gorner your only Rado or do you already have more?
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Hi Henry,

I have recently purchased a Rado Brienzer that is on the way (and I have a few other non-Rado 'quartz crisis' vintages and a couple more modern pieces).

BTW, your flikr photos are great. I really appreciated the Rados there (and the underwater shots are cool too )

Slade.
    Last edited by sladew; Jul 16, 2022 at 08:45 PM.

5. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Hi Brad,

I have enjoyed visiting and reading your site a lot. I was very sorry to find out about the missing fototime images particularly with regard to the missing advertising photos. Your articles are great.

Finding any info about vintage Rados is so difficult without access to period advertising or old catalogues...

Slade.

7. Likes watch carefully liked this post
    Hello and welcome from across the ditch, sorry you missed the EoT Rado forum (we all do too) but, we're doing our best to build up the resources again at IWL. Hope to see you here on a regular basis. It would be great to see photos of your watches when you have time and please feel free to join in on Funky Friday too, the more the merrier.

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Last edited by Tim.; Jul 17, 2022 at 02:39 AM.

Hi Tim,

Nice to meet a nearby Rado fan. Any other Kiwis on the forum? Might have to work out a Southern Hemisphere meetup some day

I'll be sure to post pics on the Funky Friday.

Slade.

10. Likes Tim. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by sladew View Post
    Hi Tim,

Nice to meet a nearby Rado fan. Any other Kiwis on the forum? Might have to work out a Southern Hemisphere meetup some day

I'll be sure to post pics on the Funky Friday.

Slade.
    Don't know of any other Kiwis, there's one other Ausie, CamB (his location says Down Under so I'll take a punt), that's all the Oceanians I know of. Look forward to seeing you on FF.

Quote Originally Posted by sladew View Post
    Hi Henry,

I have recently purchased a Rado Brienzer that is on the way (and I have a few other non-Rado 'quartz crisis' vintages and a couple more modern pieces).

BTW, your flikr photos are great. I really appreciated the Rados there (and the underwater shots are cool too )

Slade.
    Cheers, Slade. I look forward to seeing your watches, both Rado and otherwise.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Hello, and welcome.
    There were a few Aussies at EoT but not many have migrated over here. I honestly can't think of another Kiwi so it's great to have you here.
    It seems like you have an eye for the stainless models, particularly the Alpine range. They're fantastically designed, often with unique bracelets, and extremely addictive once you get into them.
    Enjoy yourself here and please join in with pics of your watches. Feel free to ask for any advice or help you may need.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches