Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: have Bulova gone the way of rotary ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I think Citizen could do well leaning into Bulova’s American heritage the way Swatch does with Hamilton. I grew up here, I had a Bulova as a teenager and an Accutron as an adult, and it wasn’t until I was an adult that I even knew Bulova was an American brand. It’s never been part of their marketing. And they have the distinction of being the first to do one of the most American things of all time—the first ever television ad aired was for Bulova.

I don’t know much, if anything, about Rotary. To my knowledge, they’re not really sold here in the States and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in person. But I always thought they were sort of a(( Timex/Casio/Swatch competitor and not really on Bulova’s level)).

well now! think yes timex . swatch , etc but at one time it was know to get a gold rotary for long service or if really lucky a smith a England smiths that is

yes this was the point I was trying to make in midlands the rotary was seen as the class that and smiths and in some case Rona to I was happy say ten or so year going in to a store and spend £200 / £300 on their quartz range or a little more for mech/autos. now hmmm rather spend lot less and get the second hand ones and the quality if anything now seems lacking ..

my point now bulova was heard of but as a kid yeah nah had one their colours on benetton so knew of them did not care ..but of late they have caught my eye a lot more have had a few.. got three at the minute . so think more as maybe they are taking over from rotary with me at least if not the world
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1