Earlier this week I had the pleasure of sitting down with*distinguished*collector and*contributor to the Deployant Blog,*Charles Sutanto.*As an engineer, Charles tells me it was really a*fascination*with mechanics that drew him to watches. *His horological journey started approximately 15 years ago with the purchase of Jaeger LeCoultre Master*Memovox. In his early days of collecting he*found himself appreciating*creations*from the light of both*Audemars Piguet and Panerai. It is fair to say that as time went on, during*2007 and the Tempus, Charles went through somewhat of a transition in his collecting focus. This was the period in which he was introduced to the world of independents and “haute haute” horology. Voutilainen, De Bethune and other independents became the core of Charles’ focus. With this in mind, I*thoroughly*enjoyed discussing a watch you rarely see in the wild...a Grönefeld Parallax Tourbillon (in titanium…).
The post The Collector’s Series – Charles and his fascinating Grönefeld Parallax Tourbillon… In Titanium appeared first on Monochrome Watches.

More...