Likes Likes:  165
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is KEEPING you from buying another watch right now?

Savagely Average

What is KEEPING you from buying another watch right now?

There is at least one watch out there, right now, that you would go purchase if you could......or you are not being honest with yourself

So, what else is going on that is keeping you from that purchase? Guilt? Other priorities? Finances? Time? Travel?

For me, right now, it is a couple of things. We will be taking a vacation to San Antonio in the near future to visit family, Christmas is right around the corner, and home renovations are currently in the works. Unless I come across a "Cannot pass it up" deal....or I am lucky enough to find an enticing trade opportunity....it will probably be another 2-3 months before the next purchase.

2. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    As I realized last night, absolutely nothing. And despite having just purchased a B-1, I haven't ruled out buying an Aerospace before the year is out..

And to think I had such a good run there for a while. Sigh.

4. Likes Mediocre, Der Amf liked this post
    Probably the fact I have so many watches already, and that I really do like everything I have. Yes, you nailed it: there are watches I want to add to my collection, but I really have to whoa up and go with the SOTC as it is now. (and that's very difficult, reading these daily WRUW threads!)
    Unless that "cannot pass up" deal comes along, I'm just going to coast along as thing are for now.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

6. Likes Mediocre, chrono555, JAGtime liked this post
    Cash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes Mediocre, vinylgreek, JAGtime liked this post
    For me it is simply the time of year. I have learned the holiday season is nigh impossible to budget for and I like to keep watch purchases to using the "extremely" discretionary funds area and there is rarely any of that money available during this time of year.

10. Likes Mediocre, vinylgreek liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Finishing the renovations on my house.

Jeannie

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    I (may) have too many watches right now and the maintenance costs are relatively high. Problem is: I like them all. So, I have no intention to sell any of them. Plus - and this may seem a bit odd - I do feel quite comfortable wih my "collection".

14. Likes Mediocre, popoki nui, JAGtime liked this post
    I bought a watch 1 hour ago

16. Likes shemp, geoffbot, JAGtime, Mediocre liked this post
    Mrs O says I need to slow down, but she did get an email from Louis Vuitton yesterday that had her tempted. " I really like this one but it is $6500, why would I get that when there are several around $2500 I like"
    Maybe I another handbag as much as she needs another watch, hold on something wrong .....
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

18. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Finishing the renovations on my house.

Jeannie
    We started a little revamp of 2 bathrooms in April, still not quite done, suffering from builders working on island time!
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.