Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Wednesday - 23 September »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpatrick View Post
    Went with this....
    Attachment 31885
    ...for about 45 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.thewatchquest.com

whats the dial made of ?? Looks like meteorite
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

On my left hand

On my right, Skindiver

The new affordable I'd ordered came in today. Have been without one for a while.
    Unfortunately it needs dial alignment but that's life. Still, I can't stand having to send a brand new watch back for something so simple that should have been QC'd.
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture87562-image.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  44.8 KB
    Last edited by Chase; Sep 24, 2015 at 01:08 AM.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

Started my day with the UG on its new vintage Kreisler deluxe astronaut bracelet.

And then I swapped to an old piece I once owned years ago, I gave it to my good friend as he liked the watch a lot, later on I gave him the Hirsch Ayrton strap that was gifted to me by a fine member here as a raok. Well to make a short story long he fell in love with another of my watches so I said here you go, trade me a watch from your collection and this is what he gave me, very cool how things turn out sometimes eh :-)

Peace,
    Preston

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    From 1973:
    Attachment 31823Attachment 31824
    Pulsar Time Computer P3 Date Command, ref 3376.

~Sherry.
    Now I understand what you meant by giving mine a brushed finish, that looks beautiful sweetie!

Peace,
    Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    Like Billy, i will also enjoy my timex weekender that i got as a gift from a family member..

the bonus thing is now it is abit quieter since it sit closer to the skin! (the factory nylon nato make it sit a tiny bit higher and noisier - seem the noise mostly amplified from the caseback and the skin muffled it by half)
    Attachment 31825

i like this brushed bronzy/brassy finish than the usual chrome..
    Attachment 31826

and the best thing is you can always check time in the dark and better than any lume.. =)
    Attachment 31827

for a price of a lunch money and less than some shot of drink... the big question .. would you dare to wear one if you have it?
    Attachment 31828

have a great day everybody!!!
    What so great about these inexpensive Timex watches is the movements are a stoutly built that are basically full case sized and very good quality. In typical Timex style they keep these things to themselves and let their products speak for them.

That's a great looking combo right there!

Peace,
    Preston

7. Likes iyonk, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Now I understand what you meant by giving mine a brushed finish, that looks beautiful sweetie!

Peace,
    Preston

Thanks! These tend to go shiny and smooth with wear, so a quick and gentle session with a Scotch-Brite pad will make yours look original.

~S.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Thanks! These tend to go shiny and smooth with wear, so a quick and gentle session with a Scotch-Brite pad will make yours look original.

~S.
    Now to find a scotch bright pad

Peace,
    Preston