Likes Likes:  6
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Guess what ismy bought now :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    That's an AS movement, being day/ date , probably AS 1859, if there's a 108 stamped on it, that's a date code for Aug '71.
    interesting yeah thought the watch was slightly older then movement as thought the las palmas were 60's was it not to do with a race or something and their was another two or thee with similar place names ? could not find much on them so took a punt
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

think AS 1789 automatic movement. 25 Jewels.
    ?

am pretty certain it date for the las palmas as 1960 to 1969 ? sure read that some where ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    think AS 1789 automatic movement. 25 Jewels.
    ?

am pretty certain it date for the las palmas as 1960 to 1969 ? sure read that some where ?
    It's possible, but all the others I've seen have been 1858 date or 1859 day/date, perhaps they where later models. If you have need of opening it one day, it'll be stamped under the balance wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    It's possible, but all the others I've seen have been 1858 date or 1859 day/date, perhaps they where later models. If you have need of opening it one day, it'll be stamped under the balance wheel.
    well just going off info on sales as thats all can find on them really on google seen it say that on at least three sales that I saw literal cut and pasted it across both date and movement
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well just going off info on sales as thats all can find on them really on google seen it say that on at least three sales that I saw literal cut and pasted it across both date and movement
    Yeah, I saw one on Catwiki where the guy was claiming the 60-69 production date. Interestingly, the movement in the watch that he claims is an AS1789 was actually date stamped Oct '71 & the only other examples we've ever seen of date stamped Rado AS movements are cal 1858/9. Additionally, AS1789 is an automatic date only movement, the automatic day /dates of that family being 1709, 1767 & 1806. As you say, he's probably copied and pasted information from somewhere else.
    Last edited by Tim.; Sep 13, 2022 at 12:36 AM.