Likes Likes:  108
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traveling watch, pt. 2

Traveling watch, pt. 2

Hey all. I would like to do another round of the traveling watch game. The watch in question is, appropriately, the IWL project watch of a few years ago. I know there were several people who expressed interest in it so here's an opportunity to wear it for a while. After the watch has taken its travels, I'll hold a drawing to see who gets to keep the watch.

Name:  IWL.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  67.9 KB

Please respond to this post if you are interested. And if interested, PM me your mailing address so I can compile a list. I will only provide the person sending you the watch with your address. I'll do the best I can to keep shipping costs to a minimum by directing the watch to someone close to you geographically. No real rules, just let me know if you're interested in participating. Like before, you are encouraged to take the watch out for a tour of your town/area and to take pics to share with the group. Keep it for a day, keep it for a month. You get to determine how long the watch stays with you and what you do with it; others want it too, though.

Again, respond to this message so I can gauge interest. If the interest is there, I'll compile the list of participants and get the ball rolling once I know who's participating and I can come up with a plan of attack regarding where the watch is going to go.

So, who's in?
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. Likes popoki nui, wschofield3 liked this post
    Great idea. Enjoyed this before and would love to do it again
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

4. Likes hayday liked this post
    Nice ideal, though I do already have an iwl watch!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nice ideal, though I do already have an iwl watch!

Same here. As I’ve said before, if someone really wants it, I’d be happy to pass it along.

I've also got one, but I'd happily play.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

8. Likes hayday liked this post
    I'll play along, I no longer have the one I bought. I have a couple of watches I'd happily pass around if we can keep it going for a while, too.

I gave my IWL watch to a good friend. He LOVES the watch - so much that he wore it at his wedding. It was another of the watches I have used to lure friends into the hobby. He has since purchased a Hamilton KFM and an Orient diver, my plan worked well.

Blog Entries
    I would play. The last traveling "Bob" made for a good community building project.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

11. Likes geoffbot, popoki nui, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    I'll play along, I no longer have the one I bought. I have a couple of watches I'd happily pass around if we can keep it going for a while, too.

I gave my IWL watch to a good friend. He LOVES the watch - so much that he wore it at his wedding. It was another of the watches I have used to lure friends into the hobby. He has since purchased a Hamilton KFM and an Orient diver, my plan worked well.
    Excellent.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes hayday liked this post
    I'm in. I'll show it the town.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

16. Likes hayday liked this post